Torque Cars

Peugeot 206 1.6 16V light mod opinions

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by vinnie206, 11 April 2011.

1. vinnie206

vinnie206 Newbie

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 16V
    I'm new in this forum and i found there are quite a few expert here who could give some ideas on tuning my car to increase torque n power. I've actually under the process of converting my 206 1.4 8V to 1.6 16V so in the mean time i would like to find out some mods i could do to increase performance on road. Is the item in the link below any good? IF it is do i have to mod any other engine parts to harness the improvement? I would really appreciate all your opinions n suggestions.

http://www.lelong.com.my/special-tu...aft-throttle-body-80801463-2011-04-Sale-P.htm

2. vinnie206

vinnie206 Newbie

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Car:
    Peugeot 206 1.6 16V
    Pretty quiet in this forum.....:-(

3. aswearing

aswearing Torque Master

Doncaster
    Car:
    Micra 160sr
    Not particularly. Turbo it if you're changing the engine, and uprate the internals.

4. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    Hi mate, this must have been missed somehow!

If you want light mods then go with an exhaust, decat/sports cat and a 4-2-1 manifold. Get a proper induction kit (no cheap rubbish - make sure it has a heat shield) or a panel filter, big bore throttle bodies and a remap. That should do nicely.