Passat estate engine upgrade

Concept1

Car
VW Passat Estate
Hello
I am not used to forums, probably because I don`t have much time to use them properly.
Thanks for accepting me to the site and I know I will get some useful information from you car people.
I own an established car trimming company in Bideford, Devon, which does high end work and have just branched out into premium audio installs and supplying Recaro seats.
I own a 2004 Passat estate 130 with 78000 miles and in generally nice condition and I intend it to be my show
vehicle! It has new high end audio installed and retrimmed door cards. A pair of my own design Recaro Sportsters are due to go in to replace the velour front seats.
I would like to get more driving performance out of the car. I have not done any engine mods yet and would like to know the best way to get some extra oomph. I hate the way the 1.9TDi revs drop away to nothing at junctions and roundabouts, leaving me fumbling for 1st gear! Also I dont like too much smoke behind. I used to own an auto Volvo T5 850 estate and I would like to think I could get half that power in the Passat! Recommendations please - based on sound economic sense.

Thanks for that. Does the standard 1.9Tdi cope with that extra torque without mods. What would be the next performance upgrade be after a remap?

Hello and a very warm welcome from me the site Admin.

It's good to have you with us. You'll find us one of the most friendly forums around.

Don't be shy, get involved in the many discussions and start new threads or ask questions, our community really thrives on fresh material posted up and we all contribute to help make this site what it is today.

Enjoy your time on here, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and be sure to start up a project thread and keep us updated on your car project as it evolves and comes together.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back