One plus for owning an old car.

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Now my Starion is at the ripe old age of 30 years I can & have changed over to club registration and the fees have gone from $680.00 down to $183.00 per year.|B :)

There are limits on use as can only drive to and from events, workshops,road testing etc so there is always testing /bedding in new brake pads etc to do so no worries there.:)
Have advised my engine builder should my reason for driving further than the 15k radius from home be questioned ;)

I don't drive on the roads in a manner that would give Plod reason to direct me to pull me over for a chat.

Classic car insurance is usually quite cheap but they don't expect the car to be used that much.

I wish you could insure yourself for distance driven, that could save a lot of money for many people.

Classic car insurance is usually quite cheap but they don't expect the car to be used that much.

I wish you could insure yourself for distance driven, that could save a lot of money for many people.

You can.

I also have the car fully insured when not being tracked and I get to keep the wreck if it gets written off.Insurance only covers me driving and for "limited yearly mileage".

I only drive on the road app once a month and trailer it to the events that I enter so I guess that should satisfy my insurer :)

PS no cover on track days serves to dampen my enthusiasm I think ?-/

Last edited: