Oh Dear

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
often whilst driving you see another enthusiast travelling along in something exotic, imagine my disappointment when i saw who was driving the lamborghini murcielago.

Middle Aged Crisis.

i am not ageist at all, and wish not to offend anyone but the man simply looked out of place with his big belly and bluetooth earpiece.

all this brings along the question that at what age should you not be driving your dream car? i have a dream car, its an aston martin a very beatiful one at that, and i wish to own one. which is why im working my knackers off at uni to get a degree just to get by in the world.

and one day i will earn enough to own one. however, the idea of saving and cost of living put together won't always work and either at a time need to be compromised. so by the time i save enough money i will have a fat belly myslef; and i will also think that bluetooth earpieces make me look important.

Damn

It's often that way. Someone gets a good civil service pension handout and then blows a load of cash of a car that they might've been better driving thrity years younger. Got to admire their spirit though.

However, I do not understand why ANYONE uses a bluetooth earpiece. Can you imagine driving or walking about with one stuck to your face in, say 1976. You'd be condemned!!

When you are still single and sucessful. That is the time to blow the money you would otherwise commit to a mortgage/wife/kids/holidays on a really nice car. You should still do it before you get to 45 and definately while you still have your hair and can look cool in a set of ray bans! (Thats me out of the equation then!)

To be honest I don't think anyone can really drive a car until they have clocked up 100,000 miles. Don't get me wrong though but when you have that much experience you achieve a higher plane of driving existance! (Anyone else to back me up here?)

If you are going to have a performance car you should drive it like one! Not pootling along at speedlimit - 20%!!!

would it be fair to say that 3/4 of people that own high performance vehicles have never had the revs or speed higher than halfway on the dial? accelerating in a lambo would be my highlight of the day and would ensure that it gets as close to the redline as i dare.

3000 revs = a smile
5000 revs = big grin
7000 revs = gurning
9000 revs = screaming like a ladyboy in dyer need of new underwear.

I agree with waynne. You need miles under your belt.

I totted up the other day and reckon I've covered over 600,000 miles in twenty years.

Which should mean I know it all.

But, of course I don't.

You go on learning every time you drive.