Noobies car

iancav6

Car
VX Cavalier 3.0V6
Hi to all on the drag racing section.

This is my Cavalier 3.0 V6 which I have owned for 7 years and slowly improving for the drag strip.Its spec is;

3 litre Omega V6
Ported and skimmed cyl heads
Omega intake manifold
Homemade 6-2-1 exhaust manifolds
Stainless exhaust
Canems ecu
K&N air filter with cold air feed
Std F25 gearbox
Koni adj dampers
Lowered 25mm on front axle
Cav turbo rims

P1010060.jpg

CopyofCav006.jpg

When I first bought it as a 2.5 I ran 15.7 @ 89 which was about right according to the road tests.Best time so far is 14.4 @ 98 with a 60ft of 2.2,have now got some Toyo R888s to try and get the 60 ft down a bit.Am planning on going to the Saturday night special at the pod in October where I will run the Canems ecu for the first time.

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already. So what's next.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already. So what's next.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

I have got another pair of heads which i'm porting some more than the pair on the engine currently,will skim to raise the ratio a bit more aswell,along with a different set of exhaust cams.
I would like to fit a 3.2 engine at some point when they become cheap enough.
I have done quite a bit towards lightening the car aswell,in "Santa Pod spec" it weighs in at 1160kgs.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back