Newby with BMW E39 523i - need help with starting issue

P

Pecks80

Hi I recently bought a stripped out BMW E39 523i, been out a couple of times in the car and had good times, last day out the auxiliary fan did not go off and ran down the battery, tried charging but no goog, once disconnected and tried new battery and charge pack, have found car will not start, dash lights up hear clicking when when trying ignition, but no crank and no start. Need help bad, gotta get past this issue to resolve the fan issue and get back on the track.

Car is stripped out, has auxiliary fan in font of the radiator which was stuck on and has an after market fan for extra cooling attached to inside of radiator, both work great first couple of times out, last time out secondary fan stopped working and auxiliary fan runs as soon as power available.

any help appreciated,

Paul

Howdo.

Clicking on start is usually because the solenoid for the starter motor has not fired the starter cog onto the engine cog properly, or last time it did work but the starter cog didn't return back completely.

Try a bump start and the engine will likely fire up and the cog should be flung off back to where it should be. Or try giving the starter motor a good whack with a rubber mallet.

The fan issue sounds like a dodgy relay.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back