Newbie saying howdo

Freddy42

Wrench Pro
Car
Ford Focus 1.0 125
Howdo all
I live in Leicestershire and own a 2013 Focus 1.0, purchased March 2016. Most of the summer was spent experimenting with various brands of valeting and detail kit. The car is solid red (not metallic) and from a few feet away looks perfect. A closer inspection shows that paintwork has swirls, especially the bonnet, and try as I might, they just will not disappear. (My wife's Focus is metallic silver and the finish is perfect.) Is this typical for this colour? If you have a red car, or even if you don't, I would be interested in your opinion.
Thanks
Freddy

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
I'm not much of a detailer but AutoGlym paint renovator is pretty good for cleaning up paintwork. Takes a fine layer off. Bit braver than I am then a mop and paste session is required but I'm not brave enough to try. Once the swirls are out then subsequent details should be done with straight, even strokes to eliminate swirls coming back. I've always used AutoGlym HD products. They have a whole sequence of detailing videos on YouTube

Thanks, I'll follow that up and look at the videos. I have used AutoGlym products in the past and found them to be excellent.

Step 1. Washing up liquid + Sponge to get the bubbles going, only stroke the sponge in an up down motion.
Step 2. Go over it with polish if you want that nice super shine effect. if not skip this stage you'll still get a nice finish.
Step 3. Time to wax it up and buff with a shammy.

Thats pretty much all there is to it. Sorry this reply is late AF only joined the forums today looking through the Hello section.

Hello and a very warm, if a little late, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back