NEWBIE needs HELP

Fr170Noob

Car
Seat leon FR
Whats up guys!!

I've recently bought myself a 2007 (56 plate) seat leon FR 170
2.0 Tdi
142k on the clock

I've already had to buy new rear pads and passenger side rear brake caliper due to the old 1 seizing.

I've now noticed SOMETIMES when the car is idle the car feels like its slightly shaking, i bought some injector cleaner and it went away for a while, now it feels like its back so should i buy some more and try it again or do i need new injectors?

Also would it be worth getting a remap with this ammount of mileage? If so what else (other mods) would i need to support the remap and save wear and tear???

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated, cheers.

Hi and welcome to the TC forums.
I have the same PD170 BMN diesel engine in my Golf and had similar problem of very rough idle intermittently. Took 3 different garages but it was eventually tracked down to a short on part of the wiring loom that runs near the battery compartment. After several sensor and injector changes (because the computer told them to), it was found the shorted out loom was triggering the sensor faults and replacing the wiring loom section cured it. Now your problem could be a different fault but its info you/your garage can look into at least.
As for the remap, I had mine done and as long as engine is in good health I can't see why it would be a problem, they're a pretty strong unit compared to the later common rail engines. Expect around 200HP and loads of torque. The turbo pretty much maxed out by then so trip to Darkside Developments for turbo, intercooler and injector upgrade if you want more power. They use a PD140 engine in their drag car making near 500HP now

Mine and every other 2.0 TDi I know has a slightly rough idle, especially when pointing down hill - it is rough idling regularly not intermittently so we could be talking about 2 problems here. On shell vpower it is better.

It feels like a pulse every few RPM's - is that what you're experiencing?