New toy, a GTR

:lol::lol::lol: :amuse:

Collect tomorrow WooHooooo :bigsmile:

And with plenty of time to spare for the last bank holiday weekend to get stuck in all that holiday traffic :sad2:

So glad for you buddy, after all that money and time spent you can finally get to play with your baby! I have a feeling you will have trouble sleeping tonight due to the excitement of the big day tomorrow! :bigsmile:

And with plenty of time to spare for the last bank holiday weekend to get stuck in all that holiday traffic :sad2:

So glad for you buddy, after all that money and time spent you can finally get to play with your baby! I have a feeling you will have trouble sleeping tonight due to the excitement of the big day tomorrow! :bigsmile:

He He ooooh yes Nearly midnight and I'm still counting down the hours.
Wings and Wheels show on Saturday at local airfield.
Tyler who is fitting gearbox and other stuff has an open day at his workshops Sunday so bringing baby back to help out and be part of his display. Gonna be some top cars there from BDC and a Police Evo if its not on duty :amuse:
Drive out Monday with local enthusiasts group starting in Yeovil and ending up South Coast somewhere:confused:
My Bank Holiday sorted. Taken next week off also to spend with family :bigsmile:

Gearbox was fitted, tested and all fine. Tyler went to take car to get all the alignments done for fast road setup when on the way grinding noises come from front of box. He turned round and came back with it still making noise intermittently. On taking it all out again a bracket had snapped holding the front shaft onto the propshaft. Nissan UK wanted £400 for this bracket so Tyler made his own in a couple of hours and alls fine now.
My cars been back for just over a week now and managed to put a few miles on it over weekend. All is looking good. Rear wheel bearing noise is gone so no aeroplane noise over 50mph. Front brakes don't squeal anymore after a year of this happening. I have a 4th gear now and the throw is so much more positive, a real joy to change gear without having to pause and slide into gear carefully. Wheels look great now they're the right size and not the stretched look like the others had. Feels really great on the road also now, really planted feel giving so much more confidence and I thought it felt great before. Found when it was being aligned the driver wheel was pointing ahead but the passenger wheel was pointing 3 degrees inwards! Gotta recover from that little spend now then decide about the respray, bonnet and bumper or go the whole way and do the whole car
confused3.gif

Cars now running brilliantly after finding 3 of the coilpacks had bent contact springs so wern't sitting on the sparkplugs securely so under load it wasn't getting a good spark. Whizzes round to 8k rpm lovely and smooth now. Went for a drive this week and came back a bit muddy :D

20121108_165608.jpg

20121108_165551.jpg

Gonna take a while to clean all that lot off but it was worth it :amuse:

Mud? Looks like you drove through a huge pile of horse crap! LOL!

Car looks awesome mate! I am a fan of Skylines. They have a certain presence about them.

New shiney parts arrived yesterday in the form of a apexi hard pipe induction kit. Bit of an impulse buy but was needing to change vacuum pipes and bits as found some split ones when fixing coilpack issue. These came up on SOC for bargain price so snapped them up. Ordering all the other pipes from BoostJunkies to finish dressing off the engine bay next week.

DSCF00092_zps468fce44.jpg

Should look like this when fitted

Before
100_1335.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

To this
Godspeed_R3_GTRkit_zps404aa513.jpg

Right going for a final push on getting mechanics sorted. Bought a replacement gearbox for bargain price of £350 from Skyline Owners Club member. Ordered new rear wheel bearings, front arb droplinks, front brake discs. Nissan wanted over £2000 for a pair of discs!!! Asked if they were made from gold mined by virgins with there bare hands. Got some EBC oem ones for a fraction of that. Four new tyres in the correct size as previous owner had stretched ones fitted and all should be finished except for couple of interior bits.

I think you must have gone to the wrong place -

I bought some new oem front discs from Nissan for my 32GTR Cost including shipping and post to me £197 !!!!!!!!
Yes thats for both and they turned up in official nissan boxes and with stamped nissan on the discs
Now I realise that the 32 discs are different but surely not worth and extra zero.
Got original nissan pads as well for about £75 as well
that is with a 10% trade discount but does include postage

I think you must have gone to the wrong place -

I bought some new oem front discs from Nissan for my 32GTR Cost including shipping and post to me £197 !!!!!!!!
Yes thats for both and they turned up in official nissan boxes and with stamped nissan on the discs
Now I realise that the 32 discs are different but surely not worth and extra zero.
Got original nissan pads as well for about £75 as well
that is with a 10% trade discount but does include postage

Dunno Sleeper :confused: I've ordered various parts from the dealership including the hubs, arb droplinks, O2 sensors etc but i think he must of looked at the wrong file or something when ordering the discs, maybe he looked at R35 ceramic ones :amuse:

Cheers Hugo, Skyline smile all the way :bigsmile:

Apexi induction kit now fitted along with various vacuum and water pipes etc. Next step is full bare metal resto which will include the engine covers being painted in a pearl blue colour. The body will be a Honda white which is slightly more creamy in colour and a pearl blue top coat will be added to give a more subtle modern and unique look.

Standard engine bay
20130318_084955.jpg

New Apexi induction pipes
20130325_183816.jpg

20130325_183942.jpg

20130330_093954.jpg

It was a bit of a pig to fit as the power steering bottle fouled the pipework so was moved to the front where the carbon canister once sat but luckily was no longer needed as cats were removed years ago so it was sitting there doing nothing.

Can't help a bit of jealousy here and there.

Had sports cars since I got my license but after getting married they all turned into sofas and house extensions etc :rolleyes: Had to wait 15 years until I could get a big league player. Started with the 944t and now this but the wait was worth it. Had a lot of issues as classic vehicles tend to provide but for those moments when it all works............:love::love::love:

Like the colour matey, think it'll look really good, excited about your project, thanks for the updates. My first car was a rusty 1958 Morris Minor,fun to drive but a headache to keep it from falling apart lol.

New Splitfire coilpacks arrived today to replace the troublesome RBMs that were fitted last year. Car has gone in and is being stripped. Finding lots of nasty little rusty bits and bodged repair work. The roof is nearly all filler! Lot of fabricating being done and long hours but the team are enthusiastic and going through every part, visible and concealed, to make the car a show class winner.

20130410_143331.jpg

Marvellous stuff Andy, you will have many highs and lows to come while the project is underway but stick with it, I am routing for you buddy that this becomes a show stopper :)

Awesome matey, you'll love her even more when it's all done, just the waitng in between, that would kill me, all the best to ya buddy.

Few sneek pics of how respray works going. Found some previous repairs which have been rectified and found rot behind the bodykit which needed urgent attention.

20130410_184827.jpg

20130407_141758.jpg

20130407_165018.jpg

20130410_191238.jpg

Cars is now in primer
20130414_220723.jpg

20130414_220654.jpg

Engine covers before and after
20130318_085034.jpg

20130415_210956.jpg

20130415_211023_1.jpg

20130416_092653.jpg

lot of work still to do but Alan has worked miracles to turn it round this fast. The pearl top coat is a beautiful touch. When its all cleaned up gonna be amazing. Lots of pics to take next week

Few pics from last Saturday on its first outing. Picked the car up from paintshop Friday night at 11pm!

100_2651.jpg
100_2650.jpg

100_2653.jpg

100_2654.jpg

20130423_123642.jpg

20130423_123722.jpg

You can just see the blue pearl reflecting on the bonnet pic, look the other way and it disappears. Hard to get it to show up in the pics with my limited knowledge of photography, basically point and shoot. Rest of engine bay needs degreasing and cleaning but you get the idea. Now off to more shows :bigsmile:

Easy way to get the shot you want is with a camera that's got a manual view finder so you can see exactly what you get, or with a digital just slightly tilt the lens to all angles, up, down, left,right while taking every shot, one of the secrets of taking a good picture if your not a pro, is to take a hell of a lot at slightly different angles, hold the lens absolutely still and allow enough time for processor to capture light properly.

Had a little dyno day at Veysport with a local club. Printout of last years session showing the electrical problem I had under load, namely sensors and duff coilpacks and then this years printout showing the fueling and engine is working beautifully. Nice flat Torque and power gaining steadily. Little wiggle at the end is the transmission shifting the power around again and trying to get off the rollers. Power figure was less then I expected but everyone was around 10% down on what they expected, it was very very hot in there which maybe the cause or the guys calibration was out. Another member with a very rapid Evo6RS running around 486hp normally, came out with a reading of 418hp so well down. Anyway for a near standard engine with standard injectors, fuel pump no boost controllers or remap I'm quite happy with that and at least it's all working now.

Attachments

• 20130709_110243.jpg
    20130709_110243.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20130707_170902.jpg
    20130707_170902.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 5

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back