Torque Cars

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New to tinkering

Discussion in 'Say Hello & introduce yourself' started by Smudger88, 13 September 2017 at 13:51.

1. Smudger88

Smudger88 Grease Monkey

East Midlands UK
    Car:
    Astra G Z16XEP
    Hi there.

I'm new to the forums and I'm looking at modding my Astra mk4 1.6 16v twinport port ( Z16XEP)

I want to ignore the boy racer mods ( induction kit and big exhaust) and focus more on the stuff that will be more benefits ( I know at some point the exhaust and air intake will be changed but its wayyyy down the bottom of the list)

Just looking for advice and experience from other people who have similar cars

Cheers

2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

3. Eddie208

Eddie208 Wrench Pro

Bedford, England
    Car:
    Peugeot 208 Style
    Hiya, I'm pretty knew to tinkering as well

In regards to the Boy Racer stuff, assuming your engine is powerful from what I know the exhuast and air intake mods are were you start, its as if the car is breathing with a respirator and you finally take it off allowing it to breathe fresh air, if you don't want that ricer image just get a box around the intake that stops the noise coming out ;)

And of course, welcome to the forums :)

4. Smudger88

Smudger88 Grease Monkey

East Midlands UK
    Car:
    Astra G Z16XEP
    Already de restricted the filter box just need a decent panel filter for it now.

Looking through the receipts I got with it, it hasn't had a decent service in awhile, so will do full service with engine flush then look into more.
    Engine swap sounds good (apparently a 2.0 will fit in it)

But again it's cash for the engine plus other stuff to make it work lol

5. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    Howdo.

I always recommend changing the brake discs and pads to uprated ones. If you've not done much before these are a good place to start as they are relatively easy but give you a great sense of achievement once done. And they look good too.

Eddie208 likes this.