New member looking for advise.

New2Audi

Car
Audi A3 tdi sport
Hi. Signed up on the site tonight.

I own an Audi A3 tdi sport 130bhp facelift model. I have completed stage 1 remap. Looking at further options. Considering custom/milltek exhaust and induction kit as next steps before potential bigger turbo. Any advise in what order next mods should be considered.

The car is high mileage however I'm the second owner and it has been fully maintained and used mainly for motorway mileage.

All advise greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome.
A hi mileage car that has been properly serviced should be ok for an upgrade so I would forget about an air filter mod and get a larger diameter free flowing mandrel bent exhaust system that comes off the turbine housing with straight thru muffler/silencer plus a remap.
The muffler does not have to be a large can as the turbo and the cat/DPF helps to lower the exhaust decibel level.

I would check if the turbo can be hi flowed to produce air flow more air = more power.They would also replace all the bearings when this is carried out.
FYI Hi Flowing involves machining the compressor housing and fitting a slightly larger comp wheel.

FWIW my 3 litre diesel turbo 4x4 has no muffler and is quite quiet and has not attracted plods attention.

Last edited:
Bigger turbo first then intake and exhaust mods, the standard air box and exhaust flow really really well on these so there are no gains to be had by upgrading them.

Injectors may also need uprating when the turbo goes on, the 130's don't flow very well at higher bhp levels.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back