New member and CRX DEL SOl owner saying Hi!

spannerman

Car
crx vxi
Hi I am Mick,
Recently purchased a CRX DEL SOL VXI auto (and a spares car too), a car I know nothing about (mr2s are my usual bag), and thought this would be a good place to find useful knowledge.
Please be gentle if I ask what you see as obvious questions, like I say im new and I still believe everyday can be a school day.

Hi and welcome to TC forums
Gotta like a CRX :) I know the VTi model but not familiar with a VXi version. What specs is that one
Thanks for the welcome Andy.
The VXI is the standard sohc 1.5 import. I also have an ESI uk 1.6 as a spares car, however I don't have the headlights for both cars.

Although the last of the CRX range didn't sell in great numbers over here, at least there's lots of JDM parts suppliers and breakers. I was surprised at the amount when I had my R33 GTR, pretty much anything was available even at my main Nissan dealership! If you're having difficulty JDM imports will source your parts in Japan for you. http://www.jdmgarageuk.com/ Paul and the team are an excellent company and very knowledgeable on everything JDM

Although the last of the CRX range didn't sell in great numbers over here, at least there's lots of JDM parts suppliers and breakers. I was surprised at the amount when I had my R33 GTR, pretty much anything was available even at my main Nissan dealership! If you're having difficulty JDM imports will source your parts in Japan for you. http://www.jdmgarageuk.com/ Paul and the team are an excellent company and very knowledgeable on everything JDM
Thanks again for the welcome. Also for the contact , its not one I have used before, which is something in itself as I have not been without a Japanese car for the last 25yrs lol.
With this search however its not so much as shortage of parts , like I say I have a spares car, but my dilemma is whether or not the uk headlights will fit, as a direct swap, onto the import CRX DEL SOl. The headlights on my import have been repaired at the lugs, and although useable are not ideal . I have tried searching this and other forums for a definitive answer and found nothing.

Finally got my parts car delivered. I can answer my own question now , and hopefully anybody else who wondered the same. UKDM lights fit directly onto import del sols.
So now I am road legal I will put some shots up of my projects.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Thanks all.
Have been away from the computer since I got my projects on the drive lol. Wifes widowed again.
Here are afew shots of what ive been getting up to,

Ah, any clues on how to upload pics?

Site like Photobucket works well. Copy n paste direct link to the photo icon in the reply box here and it'll resize for you to come out like this|B
11900026_468257610028099_5408751226299283566_n_zpsmvrqqdnn.jpg

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back