New here

typhoon81

Car
330d e91 tourer
Hello all,

Came across this during my days of research into why my 2006 330d is flat lining on the dyno at 250bhp with a map capable of 306bhp... torque is 520lbs though :O :O

No errors showing on the ECU or car for that matter- I and Tuner at a loss so I am on the troll through forums galore as the general internet hasn't come up with anything yet.

So that is why I am here!

A little about me- first modded car was a 2001 mk4 GTI which was always fun bouncing off the limiter in second... but now drive a 330d tourer which the wife has named Brutus... probably due to the massive wallop of torque compared to the GTI.

currently at 249bhp and 700NM torque on the map, 10k in and no issues but missing the extra horsepower as stated above, have a pic of the map results but 9 posts to go till I can share this with you.

Seems like a wealth of information here so could see me sticking around :)

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris and welcome it's good to have you along here with us. Enjoy your time here and we look forward to seeing your pics when you get to 10 posts.

Is fuel delivery a problem? Can you get access to fuel flow rates, air intake and o2 readings on a graph?

You've not been quoted a flywheel HP on the remap and then comparing this to an at the wheels figure?

It's not unheard of for companies to quote higher figures on remaps than you actually get.

Does running high Cetane fuel (Shell Vpower for example) help bring back the extra missing ponies?

HI Obi_Wayne,

thank you for the welcome :)

Run V Power and BP Ultimate (seems to give same power better mpg) and have done before the map and continue to do so, not been back to the Tuning place (SP tuning Hinckley) to go on the dyno again as I'm not sure they will charge me for the privilege? Have felt a little like " that's all I can get out of it and no idea why gearbox maybe limiting power" they have a great reputation though locally.

Without being able to link to other forums etc little hard to explain but I'll copy a bit :)

SO - Went to SP tuning in hinckley for a DPF removal and re-map earlier in the summer, heard great things about them and local to rtech where I used to take my GTI.

Standard specs 231bhp 375lb torque so I understand for my 2006 e91 330d got the call to say car was ready for collection but tuner for the life of him couldn't get the power over 249 PS despite throwing many different maps on - torque was flying up the scale to some dizzy heights for her age.... currently has the most aggressive map he has on which should yield 306BHP and 520lbs of torque... I have the torque but not the power!! We did an error check and this came back blank apart from a rear brake light I already knew about.

Don't get me wrong it really shifts for what is really only a 18bhp increase and 140lbs of torque.

The only idea he could think of is somehow the auto gear box is limiting the power? I have driven over 10k miles since and still no error relating to the gearbox is showing up... really bugging me as that power difference is quite a whack and would like it all if possible

Included image of the map output which clearly shows the flatline around 250.... really hoping someone hear could try and shed some light on what this could be? massive appreciation if poss
( no pic until rules met)

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back