new here and need some advice

kerrykelly

Car
89 corolla wagon
Hey guys,
So i have a 1989 toyota corolla dx. It has a carbourated 1.6l 4afe i have a 2.2.l liter efi 5sfe with forged pistons head work bigger cams an. Some tranny work. Im really wanting to put this engine in my car and eventually boosting it. My ? Is what all would i be looking at doing and how practical is this option. Thanks in advance for all help i also have the ecu a fuel pump basically everything as i still habe the other car its coming out of

Have you researched to find out if the motor and tranny will be a direct swap or the extent of mods required to make this possible??
I would suggest you find a Toyota club/forum to see if someone has done the motor swap you are going to do .

You should be able to get a ball park figure of the CR of the forged pistons by a compression test and compare that to a stock CR as this will have a bearing on the boost level you want .

You will/may also need to upgrade injectors and pump when it gets turboed.

Welcome to the friendliest website ever.

Yeah i have been doing a lot of reading on toyota forums and havent seen anyone doing this swap exactly and also have posted to them with no reaponse. Thanks for the intro and finally finding a forum that is actually active is nice for once

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back