New head unit for my 206

blacklineninja

Track Warrior
The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of other things. Of aftermarket headunits, with MP3 line-ins.

But, said the Carpenter, what other bits do I require?
Other than a fascia adaptor, should I get an ISO adaptor, sire?
And what of replacement stalk controls, and will the clock still work?
Oh, I am so clueless, I feel such a berk.

depending on what model you get, most of the major audio suppliers do have adaptors to retain steering wheel controls.

can you remove the current headunit just know to have a quick look to see if its a standard iso connection the 206 uses, if so you wont need a iso adaptor unless you want an extension.

not sure n the clocks

Which headunits have you shortlisted?

In my Astra the clock although part of the radio display still worked with a different radio - not sure about the Peugeot but I don't think it will worry you either way.

i have same car mate my stalk dont work you can wire it in though if you look at the cd player wiring desings if its a good one it should have space for it take your stalk contold out the plug and wire them into the correct one on the adaptor and your away plus your clock will be fine lol

Ace, cheers all. I've gone and ordered it anyway, rang up the supplier and they told me I just need the unit and a fascia adapter, it's already ISO'd up from the factory so should be just plug and play.

I've gone for an In Phase IPS247BT. Got my colour-coded centre console ready to go with it, so just looking into how to turn my clock and heating console's naff orange lighting into beautiful blue LED's, and hook it all up. Might even put some pics up.

changing the lights should be easy enough BLN, might just be LEDs already in there, just a case of cutting off the old ones and wiring in the new ones