New exhaust system for A200

RugbyPY

Car
A200
Hi all,

Hopefully you'll be able to help me out...!

I picked up my new A200 AMG line 2 weeks back, its booked in for an ECU re-map on the 30th June and looking to get a new exhaust system before that happens (looking at remus and scorpion).

My technical knowledge of cars is limited, so it would be good to hear what your views are, and if you have any suggestions!

Looking for something that will compliment the re-map and make it sound abit more croaky!

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)
Not really a problem with either of those choices. Ask them how long they think the systems should last here in the UK. Also ask them if they can tune the system to make the kind of noise you would like. Take into account that the system will be a tad more noisier at the beginning until the inside of the system gets coated with carbon.

Hi and welcome |B
IF it was my car and wanting for the best power increase I would install a larger diameter mandrel bent system from the turbo exit along with a hi flow cat and a mid length Hot Dog resonator and a straight thru rear silencer and then get it remapped.

PS you will need to check to see if the new system will still pass the MOT smog/emissions test if applicable.

Last edited:
Cheers for the prompt replies! I'll do some research, as some of the above (TCJBoldie) sounds quite alien to me...

I might talk to the guys doing the remap and see if they have any suggestions/experience with the A classes!

I might talk to the guys doing the remap and see if they have any suggestions/experience with the A classes!

This is how my exhaust system creators were recommended to me after a visit to a remap centre in the Midlands.

Cheers for the prompt replies! I'll do some research, as some of the above (TCJBoldie) sounds quite alien to me...

MANDREL BENDS simply means that the internal diameter of the exhaust pipe is not reduced when bent so there is no restriction of exhaust flow.

HI FLOW CAT is a converter that has less restriction to flow. Any restriction will reduce the end power output.

LARGER DIAMETER EXHAUST this will increase power by simply lowering/eliminating back pressure after the turbo exit and thereby allowing the turbo to work more efficiently.Turbos work best with zero back pressure and if you see a drag car turbo it generally just be a short length of large diameter pipe.

FYI the turbo outlet may only be say 50 mm diameter but the dump pipe that is bolted to it may be 75 mm or even larger for the most power.

When I first got the car in the pic it was dynoed ( put on a rolling road) before and after on the same day I changed the exhaust it gained more than 15% extra power at the tyres |B

Hope that helps you to understand the basics.:)