New Car Person

JoeFulford

Car
Focus 1.8 TDCi
Hi Everyone,

Just want to post my hello here on the forum. I'm on quite a few other forums so not new to that but a car forum?! What, am I in the right place? Doesn't look very familiar around here as of yet! I'm more of a computer guy, that's my job. A boring YOUNG Network Manager at a school.

I'm 18 and a half years old now, been working full time now since January 2014 when I left the comforts of school. As I've now been driving for almost a year and a half I've started getting a bit more interested in cars. I'm currently driving around in an old 04 Focus 1.8 TDCi that my parents handed down to me. Very nice car to drive for a first timer. Get around 50 mpg in it which is very nice on the wallet. Helps balance out the ridiculous £2000 I had to pay for insurance!!

Anyways, you'll probably see me lingering out the BMW section of this forum as they are to me as donuts are to Homer Simpson. Planning to purchase a BMW E30 at some point this year and start restoring the car. Not doing this out of any other sort of influence or to be a boy racer, I simply adore the look and style of this retro car.

Thanks! :)

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
The old E30 shape is probably the only BMW I would have also as I can relate to it when going to watch Steve Soper chucking one around the race tracks in the British Touring Car series in the late 80s early 90s.
Hope you get to restore and drive your dream car one day. Took me 20 years to get to mine.

Howdo.

I also have a Focus 1.8 TDCI - the 115bhp version. I had it remapped to 140bhp for 150 quid - well worth it.

A tip if I may and you can tell me to mind my own (;-> but don't spend too many years in school IT or you'll be stuck in there for life.

Welcome mate! I too work in a school and have been for a few job interviews as everyone that has been here have been for a very long time. I have things to accomplish and career gaols to reach. Mind you, a network manager at 18 isnt a bad role at all! As Yugguy said, be careful and try not to get too comfy as you'll be there forever.

Hello and a very warm welcome from me the site Admin. Sorry for my slow reply, I've been out of action for a while due to a nasty virus but I'm pretty much back now.

It's good to have you with us. You'll find us one of the most friendly forums around.

Don't be shy, get involved in the many discussions and start new threads or ask questions, our community really thrives on fresh material posted up and we all contribute to help make this site what it is today.

Enjoy your time on here, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and be sure to start up a project thread and keep us updated on your car project as it evolves and comes together.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back