New Car Ariel

trooper

Track Warrior
My Trooper had a accident with its ariel before i bought her, but the replacement arial is there but never been fitted. Even though i never really use the radio so dont really need the ariel, i have decided why have it just sit there.
There is no instructions (i am a woman and i need to know i am doing it right), can anyone point me in the right direction for fitting a new ariel?

Is the ariel on the roof or the wing? You will need to unplug the radio so will probably need the keys that came with it - is it a standard fit or aftermarket radio?

Hi Waynne

Its the factory fitted radio, it just pullls out, cause i've looked at it when i was thinking about fitting my CD multi changer i had in my old car, but then got an MP3 player for car instead.

The ariel is on the wing. It is electrically controlled from inside the car.

Ann

Sorry dude more questions :rolleyes: . Is the new ariel electric as well? If so its just a matter of unplugging the old ariel and plugging in the new one - you need carefully to follow the cable from inside the car through to the wing so you know how the new one fits in. They are all a standard cable size as far as I know - the electric ones are a little more complicated in that they have a few more wires but its again a matter of following the cables back to see where thay plug in. :wink: I always disconnect the battery when cabling things up as it is so easy to trip a fuse.