New Bespoke Front Strut Brace

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Only had the last front strut brace a month and I thought it looked a little bland :blink: I had a few hours to kill today so I decided to have this one specially made for me while I wait. Much better in my opinion :)

So I have gone from this!

newfrontstrutbrace1.jpg

To this!

newabbottfrontstrutbrace1.jpg

newabbottfrontstrutbrace.jpg

It looks great! Also looks real stiff. Thank you for picture! It gives me some ideas - in the morning will dive under the hood and look up close if that design would be achieveable in Ibiza. Thumbs up!

Thanks Zwaf, got there about 09.30 and after 6 x coffees and 2 x blueberry muffins it was all done! The man who made it for me is an old school master craftsman, they are worth their weight in gold these days :bigsmile:

Looking at the location of the struts (very close to the screen) is there much flexing at that point?

Saab 9-3ss are known for it OG especially if you start to push the old girl on a bit around the twisty's! I do have a six point subframe brace which too had to be specially made for the car. The car does have torque steer issues which were reduced when the front strut brace was added.

I'm not suprised!

It looks good, but I'm not sure on how strong it will be tbh. I would imagine the bars should be thicker.

Was it designed for function or form?

Well I designed the strut Prince after 9 attempts at drawing it if I am tbh and it was definitely sketched with looks in mind :amazed:

I have however noticed the same amount of rigidity with the new strut design as the last purpose built one. I think this is purely down to the workmanship of the strut as opposed to any direct engineering principles applied to it :lol:

Well I designed the strut Prince after 9 attempts at drawing it if I am tbh and it was definitely sketched with looks in mind :amazed:

I have however noticed the same amount of rigidity with the new strut design as the last purpose built one. I think this is purely down to the workmanship of the strut as opposed to any direct engineering principles applied to it :lol:

In that case mate, it does look good. I'm actually suprised you didn't go carbon fibre though.

In that case mate, it does look good. I'm actually suprised you didn't go carbon fibre though.

It's funny you should mention that :lol: I am working on the carbon fibre design, I want it to be a four point special with some CF lattice work involved.
Unfortunately I am terrible when it comes to drawing, but rest assured as soon as the final design has been made; you will be the first to know ;)

It's funny you should mention that :lol: I am working on the carbon fibre design, I want it to be a four point special with some CF lattice work involved.
Unfortunately I am terrible when it comes to drawing, but rest assured as soon as the final design has been made; you will be the first to know ;)

You must have money to burn getting another one! What ever you do mate, I think I should get involved! :lol:

If youre designing another I would try and cover all parts of the strut and use thicker bars. If clearance isn't an issue something like this would be ideal: Strut brace.

Well you know what it's like Prince, you scrape a living as best you can :lol:
I do like that strut version though! unfortunately clearance is an issue for me so I will need to keep everything low but wide! It is a challenge this one because of the constraints with what you can actually do with CF. I know I will do all the drawings and be as pleased as punch, then send the drafts off to Nick and Ben at Carbon Weezel only to be told; er no you cant do this and you cant do that :lol: then it will be a case of back to the drawing board :) but I will get there :amuse: