new-bee..charade 1.3

creslin

Car
92 Charade 1.3
I just got daihatsu charade 1.3...i want to mod it but I am having a hard time finding parts, and what i should even do with it...help please

Hi there and welcome to TorqueCars. I nearly bought a Charade 1.3 but the price and dealer put me off. They are nice cars though.

The 1.3 will never give you much of a power gain for your money though. Some nice sports suspension will improve the handling of it and you could get some wider wheels. You might find the GTTi wheels are suitable upgrades.

Thank you for some of the tips there. I was lucky to find the 1.3. Daihatsu is super rare here in the States. Any suggestions on what kind of suspension, or where i could even look to purchase it?

I have had very little luck in that department but I am still working on it. Never give up. Are there any websites you might recommend for parts?

There's very little in the way of parts available for Charades unfortunately.

There not very common cars here in the UK, and I know they are almost non-existant in the US. There as common as muck in Aus lol and there are a few parts available there, but I havent dont that much research into getting anything imported.

I have a 1.3 Charade :D

I had a stainless steel cat-back exhaust made up and am going to get a sport cat and header made up eventually.

Also fitted some nice 15" alloys with 195/50 tyres. Have had the rear arches cut and strengthened but do still get contact when I have people in the back and the roads a bit poor (which is pretty much everywhere here). I believe this is also partly cause the car is 12 years old and I'm guessing the springs probably arn't up to much. So would really love to find some decent suspension and handling components.