neons and N2O

Rogers

How come u get all over the internet, N2O is illegal when there are millions of suppliers out there willing to give poeple up to 11lb bottles for dirt cheap prices, and neons WTH everyone says theyre illegal, im just gonna buy a set so does anyone now for sure if theyre illegal!!!!!!???????

I'm not sure of the status of the law, but I know that if a police man sees neons in the UK, he/she will stop you as they are a distraction to other road users. I hate them anyway :x

Motor Grade N20 has an additive that prevents substance abuse by moron Junkies so I can't see a problem with selling it. - Medical grade on the other hand should be restricted.

Neons:- The only colour light you are allowed to show from the rear of a car is RED. Red may not shine from any other part of the car. A lady was prosecuted for having a blue flashing christmas tree light thing on her dashboard on the grounds she could be mistaken for a police car.

It is generally accepted that NEONS are for show purposes only and should not be used on the road - Different forces enforce the law differently.

im sure i read somwhere that nitrous is legal IF it is only fitted and not armed for use. but WTH!!!! what would be the point? i dbout the government would "trust" us not to use it.

BTW i DONT know if this is accurate so dont take my word for it. unless you like prison.

oh and the police round manchester are not that bothered about neons as long as you turn 'em off if your told.

Over here it is illegal for a road registered to have Nos plumbed up even with no bottle in the car.
Enforcement is difficult.

Enforcement is difficult.
That's the crutch I think. Not only would Plod need a reason to pull you over, they need probable cause to get you to open up the bonnet etc, and said officer would to know what (s)he is looking at.
Like a lot of not street legal mods it mostly comes down to getting through the MOT somehow and not driving like a dick to give reason for a stop and search.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back