Need suggestions for project car. I'm a car virgin, basically.

Car
Toyota Celica GT
Hey there, and welcome to my future dream project.

I have a few restraints:

Car must be a Toyota or Honda, Subaru or Scion.

It's got to be a daily driver, with some power.

I'll be doing this paycheck by flipping paycheck. So modifications and work must be done sequentially.

I have a hookup for Toyota and Subaru stock parts.

I'd like to stay under 4000 dollars over two years.

Thanks for stopping by. This community seems pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

My own favorite would be the Subaru but I am not sure how far the dollar will go even if you do "Have a hookup" for parts. All in all it sounds like you have your head squarely on your shoulders and not gone for any outrageous demands with regards to power and performance.
We have some wonderful people on here who have done some amazing things to their cars and many of them have done it on a tight budget. Hopefully someone will be along in a while to help and advise you.

Good luck sir |B

The civic is very well supported when it comes to mods. Type r parts can be added as a cheap upgrade if you get these from a breakers yard.

I quite like the s2000 for its power and reliability.

Always get the most powerful engine you can to start with as power gains are a percentage of the original power.

It's either a little over my budget for an S2000, or I'm going to take a Scion/Toyota IQ and waste basically all of my money. I'm not a super car or coupe kind of guy, so I'm actually leaning towards an IQ. But the old Toyota MR2 wouldn't be a bad choice either.