need more power

uzzi

Car
chev aveo 2ltr 8v
Hey to all I'm new to this forum. .... I would really like some advice I have a c20ne installed on a chev aveo what mods can I do to increase power I'm thinking of going the turbo route but that's for a later stage I want to go the n/a route to the max. Oh one other thing I'm using the d20 gearbox from the aveo. For now I'm only making a measly 63kw. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Not much point in maxxing out the NA power if you plan to used forced induction later.

63kW is very low for a 4.0 litre engine. Is this a dyno test result? If so then I think there's a fault with the engine or associated control systems. Get this resolved before you attempt any tuning mods.

Hello and welcome to Torque Cars !!

Nissan Navara 4.0 V6 in your profile. 63kW at the wheels is reasonable for the engine you mention. That's around 90bhp. Engine spec I guess is around 110bhp at the fly.

This is good, it means that it's working properly.

But I still think you'd be better of going straight down the supercharging (ie turbo-supercharger) route rather than tuning for NA firstly.

I am am currently gathering all the components needed for going the turbo route. A question I have is it possible to use the xe 16valve flat top pistons on the c20ne engine I believe it has the floating Gideon pins were as the c20ne piston the pins are pressed in. How is the valve clearance if using the xe pistons and would I also need the xe rods and crank. Please can any1 advise me on this

You can't tune an na motor even close to the max and then just put a turbo on
It won't be suitable

Make your mind up before you start they are two completely different routes.

I want to increase the power so long while I gather my components needed for the turbo setup. I do knw that a turbo setup is completely different from n/a tuning for now I want to increase my n/a power as I have easy access to parts. Please advise me on the xe 16v flat top piston as anyone done that setup.

Sorry i dont know enough about the your engine to be able to give any advice and with engine tuning no advice is way better that even half bad advice

However I can tell you that NA pistons are often not suitable in turbo motors as they are a higher compression ratio . And if you are worried about valve clearances that suggests a higher c/ratio

Have you looked at adding c20xe pistons? - I really wouldn't do a piston swap to increase compression ratio if you are planning to go forced induction.

The only mods you can reasonable do before forced induction is flowing the head and intake and exhaust mods. All the other mods I can think of will be different for NA or Turbo conversions including cams, pistons, crank, rods etc....

Thats an option I'm looking into xe flat top piston and rods. My question is will there be valve clearance when using the 8valve head. Any advice highly appreciated.

Let me just clear things out abit here I'm tuning the c20ne to max and then I'm going to dismantle everything apart and start from scratch with the turbo route. Why I'm doing this you may ask well its a bet that I took with my buds to see who can achieve the most power out of our n/a engines

I will try to keep things very simple as previous answers dont seem to have satisfied the op

You are trying to avoid two things (valve and piston) hitting each other so its the piston shape , how big the valves are and how much and when BOTH move that will determine success or failure.

It is impossible to answer the piston question without knowing all the above AND the cam profile and lift
And just to complicate things the answer will be different when using the 8valve head to when using the 16v one because the valve size and angle will be different

IF the motor is an INTERFERENCE design then the valve reliefs for a 8v and 16v will be in different places on the piston crown/top.