Need more power!

Steevo

Wrench Pro
Car
MK6 Golf Gti DSG
After a successful remap to 180 BHP/ 295 lb f, i am longing for more power. When I initially had it done I was more than happy with it, but have now got used to it. I know I've no option to increase power further without upgrading clutch etc, so I'm already thinking about which car I want next (I've only had my present car for two months).

I think I will go for a petrol car next. Im going to have to go for a massive engine to give me that quicker feel aren't I? Any suggestions?

+1 ^^
Very very slippery slope. Suggest you find a lighter lower car to get that sense of speed. Or keep current your Seat and get an older classic sports car. Can recommend the Porsche 944turbos as I had one but good ones getting rare and expensive. Mine was 330hp in a 1300kg body so over 200 kg lighter than your Exeo. See what I'm getting at weight wise. Any big powerful engine will require lots of careful maintenance so think about what inconvenience you can put up with because there will be more of it.

Trust me Steve and Andy are telling it like it is. Turbo power is addictive and hard to shake off and once you are hooked there is no cure :eek:

After a successful remap to 180 BHP/ 295 lb f, i am longing for more power. When I initially had it done I was more than happy with it, but have now got used to it. I know I've no option to increase power further without upgrading clutch etc, so I'm already thinking about which car I want next (I've only had my present car for two months).

I think I will go for a petrol car next. Im going to have to go for a massive engine to give me that quicker feel aren't I? Any suggestions?

They are 100% Correct! There is never a need for more power, just that highly addictive WANT for it!! There are those of us who have the disease and those who will eventually catch it! <B And,"Good Luck" in ever trying to break that addiction! :D

You will never get to the 'THATS ENOUGH' with regards to Power its a very Powerful addiction. I bought my present car in 1996 with 330bhp asked for a 400bhp conversion in 1998 & within 1 year was back for 500bhp. That lasted until 2003 when I craved & fitted a 660bhp engine. By 2008 that felt slow & I splashed out for 840bhp that engine is being re-built at this time & will be circa 960/1000bhp I really do hope that's enough :eek:. Im lucky I didn't start until I was 51 so im running out of time to feed this addiction. If I was 30 now I would be fitting a 4000bhp conversion in about 2060 ;);).

As above really bought a skyline and started thinking 330bhp was quick then a rempap up to 400 then a rebuild with bigger tubos made 550 . Latest motor is a HKS stroker engine which is currently on 625 but with masses of torque . Main thing is it will produce much more with the right turbo set up

Problem is the cost goes up big time. Getting the increase in power is expensive enough but the higher you go the more exact everything has to be . This can increase the spend exponentially . High level ecus are lots and lots then there is the fuel system the clutch I could go on ...........................

In fact I almost certainly will .

With my car I'm stopping at 300. This is my first modded car and I can see already how addictive this hobby can be. Obsessive is a better term. But I'm putting a hard stop at 300ish. Then I'll start with the transmission. Then the suspension.

See?

You sound just like a chain smoker who says that he will give up once he has finished this pack :)

Reactions: Teo
You soon get used to it. I keep asking the missis "does this feel slower to you" ...no answer then look at her with her eyes closed holding the door handle with one hand and stomach with the other!!

Guess not then |B

Drive a 1.0 Fiesta for a week and when you get back in your car you will once again be blown away with the power! ;)

My wife's prius drives me nuts. I keep hitting the right pedal, but nothing happens. No sound, no shifting, no power NO FUN

This illustrates the basic difference between men and women:

My wife's car drives me nuts because it has no power. My car drives my wife nuts because it has no oh *#*#*#*# handles!

When the Elan is working anyone is welcome to sit in the passenger seat when my wife is driving and then try to tell me women can't drive :)