Need advice.

HugoBoss

The Torque Meister
Car
r33 skyline gtst
Sorry looked it up but battling a bit.
- What oil do you guys use in your skylines [ I tried Nulon 5W 40 seems ok ]
- Why would my baby slightly backfire after hard acselleration and suddenly letting go of the pedal, is this normal.
- Why would I have a strong negative camber on the wheels after going from 16'' wheels to 18'' wheels.
- Would this be a good or a bad thing to install...http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-S..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item460c1a4180&_uhb=1

I use Fuchs Titan which used to be called silkolene pro r or s

The backfire is not easy to diagnose without more info but it definitely has nothing to do with the oil.
It is either an exhaust leak or more likely unburnt fuel which just needs a bit of tuning
Super pro bushes are worth fitting all round but there is a fair amount of work there especially if you do the subframe ones. Adjustable arms might be better as you can solve your camber issues much easier
On that subject what size are the current wheels and tyres

Thanx Sleeper, good man.
The oil is just for interest sake, got to do a service soon and thought I might try Mobil super 3000 X1 5W - 40.
My suspension very creaky and squeaky so I'm thinking worn bushes so I'm thinking why not do the whole lot using super pro bushes. Going to install coil overs soon as money available. Wich adjustable arms are you referring to? [ still learning ].
Had the stock 16'' rims on now running 18'' Lenso with 32 offset all round [ not correct but that's another long story ] and since I fitted the 18'' rims I have a very strong negative camber baffling me a bit.
The sparky told me the air flow meter seems fine and the timing is fine so now I'm wondering about the back firing. Oh it's 18'' X 9'' rims and 235 X 40 tyres.

Last edited:
I use 10/40 semi syn,i dont buy exspensive oil cos i do an oil and filter change every 4 months and dont do a lot of miles,backfire could be unburnt fuel burnning off on hot turbo etc mine does it,my r33 did it and used to pop flames didnt seem to hurt,i must say that is a rather nice r33 you have !!

Thanx for that buddy, I thought the back firing might be normal wasn't sure ,you made me feel a whole lot better.yea I perv on that 34 you got all the time, thanx mate.

Backfire on the overrun is probably as Gummy says, bit of unburnt fuel. These RB engines run quite rich. If it backfiring and hesitating under load when accelerting then plugs, coilpacks, afms etc all need investigating. Enjoy that Skyline smile :)

Thanks mate, luckily there's no hesitation anywhere I could notice, the plugs still very new, dono bout the coil packs and I dono what the afms are, but definatelty a lot of Skyline smile. A lot.Thanks.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back