Need advice for my super beetle.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By Anonymous on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 04:40 pm: Edit

Hi there...ive just bought a 1302 superbeetle...absolutely love it, but its bog standard, and i want to modify it! Any one got any ideas or tips as to what i can do, and where i can find the parts?

By paul usa on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 04:50 pm: Edit

hiya...ive got a superbeetle! wicked arent they!! i bought mine just after it had been restored and modified! the old block was bored out to a 1776cc, with twin carbs whacked on for good measure! gave it a gorgeous induction roar! what kind of mods are u thinking of doing? styling or performance?

By californiaVW on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 05:15 pm: Edit

Hi...i havent got a superbeetle, but have an oval! Just had a 2.0 put in, and it goes like a rocket! I reckon that for your super beetle...the euro look would suit it (colourcoded bumpers, Porsche wheels, lowered, big engine, tinted lenses etc...and race interior)!
Does anyone know of any good clubs in california for going out cruising etc?

By iain on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 08:09 pm: Edit

evening dubbers! and evening xav! check your P.M's on the lev's board mate!

ive just bought a 1967 1500, sweeeeeeeeeet motor, got a blown/siezed 1600 bus engine bored to 1776 in the back, i'm looking for anywhere i can get carbs/manifolds for the thing. im fairly new to bugs, tho i am a VW nut (also got a 97 polo 16v - seriously quick motor - (pipercross induction kit, jetex ex system, piper cams) running around 122bhp, which aint bad for a 1.4! also got clocked on track at 127mph!!)

anyway, back to the question in hand, anybody know where i can get a couple of weber 40's and manifolds for a 1600 bus engine for a decent price?

peace out

iain

By Admin (Admin) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 09:17 am: Edit

iain

Nice car dude - well done on the 122bhp from a 1.4 - sweet. Xav's been away - I'll let him know as soon as I can.

You might want to consider Kadron carbs. Here is Australia they are the carby of choice for many. Stan Pobjoy is one of the premier VW engine builders here with plenty of national wins and records to his name and he uses Kadrons. Type his name into Youtube and have a look at the results.

One thing that is really worth considering is the use of Z gap gapless rings. These have no gap which improves the compression greatly. Around 10% of an engines compression is lost through blow past. If you stop this, then you get a 10% improvement in compression, exhaust flow and vacuum induction. It may be the cheapest improvement with the greatest bag for bucks.