Lunchmoney

The Torque Meister
Car
'98 JDM Impreza STI
Sodding nail in the tyre!
IMAG1798.jpg

Makes my car look so stupid :(
IMAG1797.jpgIMAG1795.jpg
But at least it's only for a day or two until I can roll into a tyre place and get it fixed.

Ahh had this happen to me last year. New tyres on front, only a month old, done about 500 miles and got a screw right in the middle of one of them. Couldn't be repaired as the side wall got to damaged when the tyre deflated as I was driving along. £120 quid lost to replace it :(

All four tyres are 2 months and 800 miles old. At least its only a repair for this one :)

Lunchy you will have to forgive keen eye but that looks like a drywall screw :)

Can't recall when I last had a puncture so hope my run of luck continues.

Last edited:
Ordered a new tyre online (as all the local tyre fitters dont stock my make and size) immediately. Still waiting! After many emails back and forth, and an irate phone call, I am told there was a delay at the stockist and I am promised it will be dispatched today. Grrr...

I feel your pain. I've just purchased tyres, got a set for £360 which isn't bad, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RP2-s. They don't feel as good and responsive as my last ones but at least they grip the road well.

I've also got a buckled rim! Must have been a flipping pothole! At least the tyre and wheel balanced out OK without a wobble.

First people (mytyres.co.uk) eventually told me they had no Uniroyals in the country. Order cancelled.

Tried another (whose name I forget). Two days in and they finally email an invoice to me. Turns out they are the same company as mytyres.co.uk (Deltilog Ltd) and they are out of stock as well. Funny that.

National Tyres, who have a shop near me, accept my order but actually call a few minutes later to also say they have no stock in the country.

Camskill is my forth attempt.
After an email conversation yesterday they tell me my tyre will be delivered Tuesday.
Good enough after the BS from the others.

Email this morning from DPD - delivering today. And it's are going straight to Triton (my garage) who will fit and balance for me this evening :)

After two weeks of Driving Miss Daisy I am finally back to rolling on 4 proper tyres.IMAG1806.jpg

I really hate those gold wheels....
Should have sprayed them when they were fitting the tyres! It means your off the road for longer but if you can it's worth it if you don't like the Gold. I actually quite like the gold wheels on these.

Don't rattle can spray then just have them powder coated for a lasting finish.

PS If you can't decide exactly what color looks best then spray 1 wheel to see how it looks on the car before having them coated.

They need repairs as well; they are very damaged from kerbing.
So when money allows they will get repaired resprayed at the same time.

Last edited:
Checked air pressure and found the front near side has a slow leak. Balls.

Got a man checking it now. Tyre is fine. The leak is from where I've kerbed the wheel.
He's reseating the tyre with some black goo sealant but if that doesn't work I need to repair the wheel.
Perfect excuse to repair and change colour on all of them.

Actually he's just showed me a crack in the wheel.
Problem just jumped to the top of the list.

I lost two offside tyres due to a pothole last month! Expensive repair, a hole as big as your thumb was punched through it.