My new, still Beta, website chronicling my car's journey.

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Spent the last few evenings cobbling together a website the will record the trials and tribulations of building a fast car.

Any suggestions, comments, etc from both the expert website builders on here as well as us 'normal' people, would be much appreciated.

I am still working on it and checking spelling/grammar, but if you spot anything amiss please let me know.

http://stephenpbroad.wixsite.com/fastest-lotus-elan

Looks good so far. I'm only getting the main welcome screen at the moment.

You'll need a link to your favourite car site. ;)

All I would say is do you want everyone knowing your name?

You won't get very far with just a name :) No address, just a mobile number and email address.

If the car does what I hope it will, the car will be in a few magazines with my name anyway.

Do you have a Facebook account?

You won't get very far with just a name :) No address, just a mobile number and email address.
I* can.

I can't actually view your site (my office internet filters are blocking it), so I dont know how much info you have displayed, but even if it's just your name and phone number you can be traced.

My company regularly uses public information, that is free and open to everyone, to trace people (all for legal and legit reasons - when they've been in a car crash with one of our customers). All we need is a name and phone number and within minutes we can have your address. An email address might even speed that up! Just saying, you might want to be careful and consider your internet cleanliness.

*I actually can't, when I say "I" I mean I know that it can be done, but I, personally, do not know the exact process as I don't do it, but persons in my company do on a daily basis.

There is no chance of not being traceable if someone is determined enough. If you have a web presence then you can be traced, a fact of modern life.

Just name, mobile and email. That info is out there already. However, my address won't help anyone as the car isn't kept here.

This info is held by eBay and can be accessed by users.

If you don't supply this info then no one can contact you or buy stuff from you :)

Nothing is secret anymore. For example, anyone can find out how much you sold or bought your house for.

This is what makes your project so interesting to me:
" lot of supposedly road legal cars, especially in the USA, are technically classed as road legal but can barely drive around the block without overheating and have to run on exotic fuels.
My car will be able to cruise and run on standard (high octane) pump fuel and be able to pass the UK MOT without modification. This means road legal tyres, wipers, lights, etc."

That you could still use it as a car.

That's really interesting, thanks for this, all your project threads have interested me and now you have a complete site for the car. Well done.

What's the finish date then? ;)

That's really interesting, thanks for this, all your project threads have interested me and now you have a complete site for the car. Well done.

What's the finish date then? ;)

Thanks. I still hope to fire the engine up this year, but this depends on getting the wiring done and this will be expensive.

I see much more stuff now. Looking good, and it works on a mobile as well. Nicely done.

Thanks. I hadn't aimed to make it work on a mobile, just PCs and tablets.

Wix.com, although there are a few annoying quirks/sloppy coding, it is much easier to use than Wordpress IMO.