my honda - need help with acceleration

sharbel

Car
Honda civic 99EK
hey guys ....
this is my 1st post here ....
my car : Honda Civic 99 LX Sedan

iv had the car from new n iv kept it well ever since. a few upgrades as of now are :
1. AEM V2 CAI
2. SSR "15" rims - dunlop sp sport maxx tires
3. bosch super 4 spark plugs

the engine is a D15 ... its good as of now but im looking for a much much quicker pick up ......:lol:

Wht do i need to do ?

before u guys tell me stuff - my car is an Auto for the time being. also the country i live is ia really strict on modification ... but i guess i could do a little - gona try n post up a pic here.

any help will b much appreciated ....

SD -

Alright bud, I think this post was missed somehow. Have you thought about an auto to manual conversion? That would sqeeze out some more acceleration. How about an engine swap as well?

i plan to get a manual transmission a little bit in the future ......
Engine swap as well - but thts alot later on as the enigne i have now is kept well.... im hesitant to throw away tht engine at this time .....

im getting a set of russell stainless stell brake lines -
my engine is a D15 - i think thts one of the lowest of honda;s -

wht transmission would i need to get , of wht car ?

SD -

You should do the transmission and the engine swap at the same time. Personally I'd take the B18C5 (195 bhp) engine from an DC2 Integra Type R, and take the transmission as well. That way it's all done at once. If you're a hesitant to get rid of your current engine, you can always try and sell it. If it's low mileage and well looked after you should get a fair bit for it as the D series engines are often used by people who blow their engines as a quick and cheap replacement. Alternatively you probably won't care as soon as you have the new engine!

hmm i think tht is a good idea - to do everything at once ....

tell me about this K20 enigne iv heard alot about .... is this a Honda ? from which car, model ? year ?

SD -

The K20 engine is a newer engine used by Honda in Civic Type Rs. Without double checking I think it produces about 200 bhp. However, it's heavier than the B18C5 I mentioned above, and bigger. The best swap for your Civic would be the B18C5.

Before you drop in a new engine though you will need to upgrade the brakes. If you are not looking for 'silly' power figures (300+ bhp) then these can be taken from the Integra as well. If you do want to go crazy, then a big brake conversion by Brembo or D2 will be perfect. Another thing you will need to do is the suspension.

spending ANY money on a automatic non-vtec motor would be a complete waste of time/money. I can't believe you are considering it. Would recommend B16A inc Manual Gearbox, or better yet a whole new car from which to start modifying.

Little harsh. There are plenty of tuners who start off with bog standard rides running on auto trannys and they turn out to be smoking hot sleepers.

Don't ditch your car Sharbel. If you love it, then you'll find a way to tune it.

Defo get it switched to manual though. Rear drum to disc conversion too maybe?

Everything comes down to cost and how much you want to invest.