My 944 upgrades

Aerial Andy944

The Torque Meister
Car
VW Golf GT TDi 200
Just found out my 944 turbo upgrades have been designed in conjunction with none other than Klauss Hoffman, the man behind the software installed in many Porsche models from 1984 until the present day. The suspension stuff designed and made by Penske racing engineers from Poole in Dorset. COOOOOOL
Check out 9xx and JMG websites
http://www.9xx.co.uk/
http://www.jmgarage.com/modify-944.htm

Can't wait for them to be fitted now

As soon as JMG can get the final piece of the exhaust manufactured, the turbo downpipe, as this is particually difficult to manufacture with a mandrel bending process. Only 1 company in the UK can do it and it's made to order, hence £1300 price for the full exhaust :eek: I've seen the back box and centre sections and they look really really nice. Rest of the kit is ready to go aswell :bigsmile: Tial dual port wastegate that then stripped down and made to JMG's performance specification's, Klauss Hoffman Racing chip set, Performance cone filter induction kit and some other bits I'll try to remember later. Oh, dump valve (don't know make yet)and boost controller'

Looking to get somewhere around 320 - 330 bhp, 380ftlb torque in a car that weighs 1350kg with all it's aircon and electric seats etc and perfect 50/50 weight distribution, should be a good all round sports car.

I'll do a full report when it's fitted explaining the technicalities. Can't wait:bigsmile:

How much have you spent on this car so far? Are you doing most of the work yourself?

How much have you spent on this car so far? Are you doing most of the work yourself?

Car was bought from JMG last year. It had been stood in a lockup for 4 years so needed completely recommissioning. I paid £6k which included the following work -
Recommission engine including front engine rebuild, all belts, tensioners, rollers, water pump, hoses etc
New fuel lines
New brake lines
New power steering pump
New sills both sides
Second hand exhaust
Cat 1 Toad alarm

I've since added -
18" split rim wheels £500
New Falken 452 tyres all round £400
New Locking wheel nuts £50
968 castor mounts, bushes and 4 wheel alignment £150
MoMo Club Sport RS steering wheel (very rare only 50 made before Porsche got court ruling to stop MoMo making it) £250
968 turbo s spoiler off Ebay and colour matched £300
New door and hatch seals with new locks etc £200
New clear indicator lenses £25

The new upgrades going on soon will cost around £2k but that's a special price to me. JMG have done all the oiley bits but I've done all the electrical connections, fitted the seals and locks, fitted the spoiler and done lots of interior repairs. Tackling the seat restoration next, a job not for the faint hearted I've been told. JMG have been great in helping with some of the faults we knew would crop up from a car stood for so long like a persistant oil leak traced finally to a crack in the oil filter housing.

There's still some body work issues to attend to but she's ok for now, just a few car park battle scars. All classic car owners have lists

Good 944's are now fetching around the £7k - £10k mark so mine will be in this region but I'm not looking to sell the car is brilliant and I have no idea what I would replace with as this is what I've always wanted. Concours cars are in the £14k+ range. My car is a 1989 turbo se so quite rare and cost AXA insurance (the first owners) £40k. I think every option was ticked so someones bonus was good that year. To compare a good 2 bed house cost that back then.

Attachments

• 100_0299 (Small).jpg
    100_0299 (Small).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_0295 (Small).jpg
    100_0295 (Small).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 11
Just bringing upto date on mods. MOT tomorrow, dropped car off at JMG yesterday. 3" turbo downpipe still not been manufactured :sad2: which is frustrating but chips, induction kit, Dual Port Wastegate, Dump Valve, Boost Controller and Boost Enhancer can go on this week :bigsmile: Can't wait for the 40mile drive home. I'll tell you the results when I get her back.

If the car is still there I hope you've sent it chocolates and a copy of EVO magazine?

Got straight through MOT perfect. Few issues picked up on by JMG though. Clutch master cylinder, rear ARB drop links and iffy gear selection which I already suspected. Going to get upgraded rose joints fitted and deciding on a upgraded race gear shift or road shift replacement. Race is supposedly quite precise and very short through, not sure what to choose both are same price just what type of shift you want, I'll go down to garage and have a look/chat during the week.

The old girl may be coming home soon woo hoo :D:D:D

Well she's back home at last (for now).
Big Thanks to Jon Mitchell and team for setting up one hell of a car. Collected this morning just before the Ferndown OPC photo shoot competition thing so got a quick go from Jon's to Ferndown. WOOOOWWWWW
icon_eek.gif
I'm going to do the 'stick a £20 note to the dashboard test and see if you can get it when I floor it'. To say I was pleased is an understatement. Jon said he didn't need to ask me if it was ok, he could see by the smile.

Works done then -

New clutch master cylinder
9xx road rear shift
9xx road front shift
Replace clutch slave and flexible hose
New vacuum kit with brass connections
New intake boot
Flush clutch fluid system and replace with racing spec fluid
9xx stage 2 chip set and map
9xx stage 1 33mm Dual Port Wastegate (modified tial)
9xx dump valve (modified Bailey)
9xx induction kit (fits right behind the intercooler)
9xx boost improver
9xx breather kit including oil catch can, breather filter and fittings
Replace air flow meter
9xx 55lb fuel injectors (works upto 380hp)
Porsche motorsport fuel pump
Porsche motorsport fuel regulator

All that's left now is the full exhaust system and I think I'll better stop before I need to sell body parts to fund this addiction
icon_evil.gif

With all the handling work put into the car last year she goes, handles and stops brilliantly now, like I imagined she would go when I got her.
I better do some cosmetic work next I think but I better let the old restoration fund build up first
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll put some pics up of the engine bay when I've given it a clean
icon_redface.gif
The new shiney bits do look nice though
icon_biggrin.gif

Andy

Couple of pics of engine bay with new shiney bits in. Still haven't cleaned it yet though, any suggestions what to use on oily deposit and 20 years of road dirt getting in there?

Attachments

• 100_0660 (Small).jpg
    100_0660 (Small).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_0639 (Small).jpg
    100_0639 (Small).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 6

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back