Mx5 1.8 Turbo or Supercharger

Mx5

Torque Junkie
Car
3.8 V6 Holden Skip
Dont no if this has been asked before if it has my apologise

I understand that a Turbo needs alot more than just bolting on where as a Supercharger is just a bolt on and in the end give the same amount of power.

My question is:

If you do all the mod needed for a Turbo to work at its best but fit a Supercharger will it be better??

As well as could you fit both a Turbo and a Supercharger??

What TN means is that for some reason your posts keep going into moderation. :confused:

I fit happens again I'll let Wyanne know & he'll have a look into it. :bigsmile:

cool thanks..

I think Superchargers sound amazing i think maybe with a small turbo to keep at low revs and a supercharger to pick up where the turbos starts to loses it edge would that work?

cool thanks..

I think Superchargers sound amazing i think maybe with a small turbo to keep at low revs and a supercharger to pick up where the turbos starts to loses it edge would that work?

It works the other way round...The SC will run out of puff at higher revs, but performs linnear from tickover upwards...The Turbo, depending on size, will kick in from about 2,000 to 3,000 revs, (or wherever it is set to)

Manic

Greetings hillclimbmanic and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Most engines that are na as standard tend to be turbo or supercharger freindly or at least one seems to work better.

The MX5 seems to have both options readily available.

Best bet is one of the MX5 forums where you will get far more detaied info.

Most engines that are na as standard tend to be turbo or supercharger freindly or at least one seems to work better.

The MX5 seems to have both options readily available.

Best bet is one of the MX5 forums where you will get far more detaied info.

Or ask me :)

20120807_173210.jpg