MR2 owner from Newcastle

I

iPhoenixV

Hi everybody!

I currently own a 1996 mk2 MR2 n/a in Caribbean blue (best colour imo) BUT... I'm looking at a 200sx to hopefully buy sometime next week... Anyone own one want to tell me why I should/shouldn't?

Here's my MR2 anyway :)

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum buddy :)

Have a look around the site and get involved in our other members threads and you will hit 10 posts in no time at all.
Looking forward to seeing those photos of your car ;)

Hi and welcome I have driven a MR2 and loved the shape but found it twitchy if pushed too far. Have also driven the 200 sx and found it more forgiving and controllable.They were difficult to work on due to the mid mount motor.
The SR20 is a strong motor but needs rocker stoppers as the first mod then a FMIC along with a 3 inch turbo back exhaust system. You Will find that there are heaps of aftermarket parts due to the drifters liking them as well as parts interchangeability with the RB25/26 re gearboxes and diffs.
Cood luck hope you find a good one:)

May I as the site admin wish you a belated but very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending time with us over the months to come.

We don't usually allow new members to post pictures or links but I've made an exception in your case, the car looks lovely. You'll soon be over our 10 post limit and will avoid the auto moderation then of posts containing images or links.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back