Motorway etiquette

Freddy42

Wrench Pro
Car
Ford Focus 1.0 125
There was a suggestion recently that learner drivers should receive tuition on motorways before taking their test.
It's to be hoped that will include how to join the motorway. Using the indicator does not give the right to immediately move into lane 1 and sod the rest of us, nor does it include ploughing over to lane 3 on the same indication. We can but hope...

We seem to have the same problem here with drivers?? clueless as to the correct way to merge into motorway traffic.

Some appear to be terrified of hard acceleration that at times is needed to merge in with the fast flowing traffic safely and not needing motorway traffic to brake/slow/change lanes to avoid a crash due solely to their inability to get up to speed smartly and merge safely into highway speed traffic.

I paid for my nephew to have a two hour motorway driving lesson immediately following his driving test pass.
I know what the motorway can be like at the best of times yet alone for a complete novice to experience, money well spent. |B