Most expensive car you've driven

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the most expensive car you've ever driven?

It counts even if you were only in it for 30 seconds as long as the engine was running and you got to move the car a little! ;)

Brand new Jaguar XK8 in 1999. Only used it for about 1/2 hour. Didn't grab me particularly.

My 528i which was 9 years old when I acquired it was pricey when new. Brand new price (including all the options - BMW is stingy with equipment) was a whisker inder £41,000.

hmm sorry to do this ive driven a E-type Jaguar 4.32 streight 6 (not far im glad when i found out the prevous owner) own looking at this cars history it had officals documents to prove it was infact owned by none other then .................Stirling Moss and the documents had been authenticated!!!!!!! ( worth is to much to think about)
so i was glad that i didnt drive it far also a nutty MGA with a 5.4 supercharged engine not worth alot but a bit mental as it was running on the wheels that were far to small

one of our regular customers has a Bentley continental GT, I believe he said he paid £130k for it, and he let me take it for a spin! /flex (With him in the passenger seat of course!). Was so smooth on the power and quiet all round.

Audi let me loose for 5 days in a new fully loaded Audi RS5 quattro with DSG and paddleshift gears! Probably about £60000 worth of car.

A clients £175k Bentley Continental Speed in Royston Herts. I was doing a private job for Martin at his home and he was looking over my Beast in his driveway. Asked me loads of questions about it, then from out of nowhere he asked if I would like to drive his car! Me? :woot: Is water wet? is the sky blue? is the grass green? Yes ruddy please! I was trying to act all cool about it but I failed pretty miserably I might add; he put the keys in my hand, told me about the electronic handbrake then went indoors.

I could not believe he just left me to it, there were no rules, no orders, no warnings :eek:

I drove through the village WITH A HUGE GRIN ON MY FACE and feeling like a million dollars, I aimed for the A10 dual carriageway and gave it a quick squirt - holy ruddy cow!! 10 or 12 miles later I decided to turn back and return this gorgeous piece of machinery to it's rightful owner.

Pulled up majestically into his driveway and he came out to meet me; "Back so soon" he asked, I thought to myself

I praised him for having such a marvellous machine, told him it warranted an investment of a few pounds from me on some lottery lucky dips! He burst out laughing and said anytime you would like to borrow it you only have to ask! |B

Lamboghini Gallardo at the Canary Wharf London motor show. Turn up in a suit, look like a buyer and it's amazing what you get to drive.

Didn't make it this year, it was last year. We should all meet up next time it's on.

Can't think of anything expensive along the lines of those already posted. But hired a convertible Mustang last year while on holiday in Miami and Key West. This September whilst on Holiday in Maryland I had a Ford Expedition 5.7 V8 with all the toys, that was a beast, felt like Jack Bauer! Other than that it'll be the fully loaded Discovery 3 HSE I currently drive, not exactly cheap when new.

Yes the beast has more power but it was the way the big Bentley felt when I tapped the throttle ;)
My car is more brutal but the Bentley is so sophisticated :)

Got a Ferrari 360 for a track day at Loughborough couple of years ago.......It was awesome but not as quick as my daily driver, hint, I sold the Derv and got. .......well you'll have to wait until I have posted enough to allow me to upload a photo....

Nothing wrong with that at all buddy, they are gorgeous! I remember one that was at the Ace Café not too long ago that both sleeper and I attended. That was one awesome looking piece of machinery |B