Most embarrasing moment ever

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Friend of mine just got himself an A3 Sline.

I was showing him the auto window open and close feature on the remote fob, and there was a crack and bang noise and the window froze half open.

The window refused to wind up or down again! I suspect the window holder has split away from the motor.

Anyhow I'm there standing with a friends new car and open window having just broke it glowing bright red! Not going to show anyone anything now!

I don't think I can look him in the eye ever again!

Embarrassing moment this takes some beating. Back in 2003 we were one of the favourites at Totb having a runners up spot the year before. At least 60 of the local lads & a host of RS fans were going to attend. 9 o'clock we were one of the first to do a run, huge Revs, Big Bang & a drive shaft sheared in the brake hub we did about 5 feet of the run. Remember pushing car on the trailer & deciding to go back to the Hotel. As we passed through the gates on the way out the local boys were coming in. That really was the pits.

Took the Beast into the garage a few years ago with a terrible clunking noise coming from the nearside wheel arch (Or so I thought). They spent a couple of hours checking the suspension, brakes, top mounts, front wing (Just in case) and all sorts of things. Problem (Embarrassingly) eventually found to be my iPod sliding around in the glove box which was connected to my Parrot handsfree kit :oops:

I actually saw him today, and he put my mind at ease which was nice. It was the cable that had frayed and snapped.