More Bits for the Calli pmsl!!!

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
I've bought a full set of iridium spark plugs from DENSO. Have heard many good things about the company and with them only being £4 more than what Courtenay charge I thought I'd give em a go. Let you know how that turns out.

I've also bought a set of Vectra V6 cam covers as i'm fed up of having to replace the front bank gasket set every 3-4 months for having a warped rocker cover. Only cost £20 but they were a bit of a state when I got them. They came from a proper salvage company so I have no doubt that they are still fine.

Any way this is them when they arrived.

cam%20covers%201.jpg

cam%20covers%202.jpg

So I attacked them with engine cleaner, then the drimmel came out. Finally after a dusting off they were sprayed with heat resistant black paint so they tie in with the engine a bit better. Heres the finished product.

cam%20covers%203.jpg

Will get another shot or 2 uploaded when they are fitted later. I prefer this look to the chromed look as they seem to look out of place when chromed.

What do ya think?

Cheers BAD63R

They've come up really nicely well done dude. It's the little things like this that make the engine bay look really good.

They've come up nice. In my opinion Denso plugs are the best you can get. I have never known one to foul and they seem to take twice as long to wear/burn out than anything else. I run them in all my cars.

Well heres the finished pics. Wish i'd given the engine a wipe over first but it's not too dirty. Just need the Magnacore HT leads, there're next on my list along with new brake pads and drilled and grooved disks. The disks are 288mm standard on the V6 but can easly uprate them to 322mm at a very small extra cost.

Anyway back to topic, heres the shot's.

engine%201.jpg

engine%202.jpg

I think the overal effect is alot better than the stupid plastic cam covers. Just need a nice battery cover and 2 more Samco pipes so I can get rid of the cheesy blue plastic covers lol.

What do ya think guys?

Cheers, BAD63R

very nice man, it's these things that make me know it's worth while spending money on my own car.

Hope to see more pics in the future.

What do you guys think about having a section on the forum so that we can post up pic's of projects we are on. Sort of like a before, work in progress and finished product or is that what the members gallery is for.

I think that is a good idea - there are quite a few works in progress around here.

What does everyone else think? Is the existing gallery enough? Should projects become features on the main site rather than hidden away in the members forum or should we keep them to ourselves?