Mondeo remap

theballboy

Tuner
Car
mondeo tdci
Parkers.co.uk lists the mondeo st as putting out 360nm torque with 265 lb/ft but on overboost (when you floor it, this can rise to 400nm and 295lb ft respectivly.
A modern remap would leave the car outputting the same figures as the overboost (but just normally and not in overboost if you know what I mean) HOwever would the overboost facility thus be increased further - ie 440nm and 330lb ft or just not possible?

Also how does this overboost work?

the overboost is a function that gives higher figures for a short time, normally only a few seconds, to aid overtaking.
depends on the mapper if they can keep the overboost also depends on how far they push the turbo against what it can flow. ie if they are already close to the max flow rate for the turbo them theres no point increasing the boost a couple of psi as there would be little gain from it

Over boost is the sudden surge of power when the turbo lets loose before it settles. i.e. my scooby ran at about 17-18psi when it hit overboost and then settled to about 14-15psi on normal boost.