Modifying a 1999 Accord

Peter53

Car
Honda Accord
Hi,

Does anyone know the valve clearance on a 1999 1.8 Accord Saloon? Or if you know how to find out, that would be appreciated too.

Also, I'm looking to fit 17" wheels and lower the suspension. Does anyone have pictures of a similar modification on their Accord? After that, I will hopefully fit a performance filter and rear silencer too, so if anyone has any thoughts on similar things, I'd appreciate your thoughts/tips.

Thanks a lot for any help. It is appreciated!

Hey and Welcome to the forums,

Is it a VTEC or a normal 1.8 engine? I also have an Accord saloon and I am looking to do some similar mods to yourself and I understand just how difficult it is finding parts that will fit the non Type R models. Suspension wise, coilovers are best as they offer full adjustibility, I've been saving for these for a little while now:
http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/Tein_Basic_Coilovers/Tein_Basic_Coilovers_Accord_98-02

17's would be a nice easy fit with no other mods required like arch rolling, if you get the offset right. keep us updated on how you are getting on with your project, I'd be interested to know

Regards

Last edited: