Mitsubishi Carisma Project

M

migistar

I have got a Mitsubishi Carisma 1.6 GLX 16v (97). I am looking for ideas how to increase the performance of the car. The airfilter is on the way so that is going to be done, but I am not sure what else can I do to it. Is it worth getting chip tunning done on it? I am open for any suggestions. Please help. I have also consulted some professional drivers and I was told putting 17" alloys on the car might not be possible as they may touch the wheelarch when turning etc. If anyone put such size alloys on a Carisma before can you get in touch please, thanks.

Re: My Mitsubishi Carisma project starts here

Hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along. It is not really worth chipping or remapping a 1.6 Nasp engine. Ideally an engine swap is the best option when it comes to power mods. Even an induction kit and sports exhaust will only add 5-8 bhp IMHO.

I would also stick with 16" wheels and a suspension drop of 35-40mm. Stiffer suspension will help avoid rubbing on the arches, you could also have the arches rolled or pulled if rubbing was a problem.

hello

i agree with wayne, you'd be better off doing an engine swap.

Welcome

engine swap isnt the only option of course, just dont expect too much bhp from mods.

correct me if im wrong but i think you can still enjoy the car, with that engine, by lowering it with some nice alloys, new exhaust system, a panel filter and other minor things. but i guess its not worth going the full whack with any remaps or expensive features

Re carisma gdi petrol 2001 carbon buildup

hi mit carisam, petrol, 1.8 gdi , cold starts and surging forward , anne unhappy driving it, sourched a fuel additive 1R6200 claims to burn off carbon, any similiay problems/advice ? many thanks DANNY:(

agree with above comments,

sensible mods, avoid "chip tuning" get it remapped not a generic off the shelf chip, Every engine is different.

Failing that Engine swap from an evo?