mg zs 2.5l v6 needed

There was a few good ones on autotrader. My only advice is to check the cam belt has been done as this is pretty expensive and a lot of work to do.

^^ Indeed! and make sure you see the receipt that shows the cam belt has been done and when, do NOT take the sellers word for it.

Howdo - a couple of tips if you don't already know them.

Check if it has had a sheddist/darkice clutch upgrade to the stronger Honda parts. The original MG plastic parts bent out of shape and make gears hard to get but if it's been upgraded to a sheddist then it's worth a punt. Clicky VIS motors are not necessarily a problem as long as it has the power but if they've been changed then that's good too. These don't of course suffer from headgasket issues.

the darkice clutch:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sheddist-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c39a21b95

This has the stronger metal parts.

I had a ZS180 a few years back, it was quick and had very, very good handling. Inside it's an early 90s Honda Concerto so not exciting, but as a driver's car it's definitely a good, cheap bet.

It's a huge crying shame that the ZS suffered from reliability issues not from design but from penny pinching manufacturing like plastic brackets and not metal ones.

Here you go - he's already fitted it for you. (;->

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mg-zs-180...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ae2e3b1cf

Just be careful cos there's a lot of knackered ones out there these days.

Posted a couple of beauties on your other post mate ;)

Another major thing as well is to check to make sure the inlet manifold isn't rattling. This is down to more weak plastic parts on the VIS system. It's basically a rod that opens up all 6 ports but the ball joints on this can perish. Dark Ice Designs also do an upgrade for this.

You also need to make sure you get a turbo like kick at 3500 rpms as that is the VIS system kicking in and literally can feel like a turbo. If you don't get a definite boost in power then you could be looking at a problem with the VIS motors. Easy enough to re solder if required but a pain to take apart. A lot cheaper than paying upward of £500 for a new inlet manifold though lol.

But if you can find one that ticks all the boxes of Cambelts, Clutch, no inlet rattle, working VIS system and decent service history, then you'll have one sweet motor ;)

I currently own a Xpower Grey Mk2 ZS180 Saloon running just over 200bhp, and out of all the cars I've owned (you can have a butchers at my threads) it's seriously one of the best cars I've ever owned and driven ;)

Posted a couple of beauties on your other post mate ;)

Another major thing as well is to check to make sure the inlet manifold isn't rattling. This is down to more weak plastic parts on the VIS system. It's basically a rod that opens up all 6 ports but the ball joints on this can perish. Dark Ice Designs also do an upgrade for this.

You also need to make sure you get a turbo like kick at 3500 rpms as that is the VIS system kicking in and literally can feel like a turbo. If you don't get a definite boost in power then you could be looking at a problem with the VIS motors. Easy enough to re solder if required but a pain to take apart. A lot cheaper than paying upward of £500 for a new inlet manifold though lol.

But if you can find one that ticks all the boxes of Cambelts, Clutch, no inlet rattle, working VIS system and decent service history, then you'll have one sweet motor ;)

I currently own a Xpower Grey Mk2 ZS180 Saloon running just over 200bhp, and out of all the cars I've owned (you can have a butchers at my threads) it's seriously one of the best cars I've ever owned and driven ;)
Cheers for all yours advice. And agree with everything you say. They are brilliant cars. The link to ebay doesn't specifically say what litre it is but its the mk2 which is the better one. £2000 is a reasonable price due to the millage but just out of my price range. I'm gutted. Looking at at mk1 at end of the month so fingers crossed It goes well. I also use dark ice designs. A front strut brace just arrived today.

I do like the mk2 more. They much more sort after. Not as many made either. Think they are capable of 300bhp+. So is the 2.0l k-series block but its very expensive to do £5000+

Attachments

• of the k series engine and offer a range of engines and kits that give ___.jpg
    of the k series engine and offer a range of engines and kits that give ___.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Once mapped the engine was collected by Caterham Midlands for re ___.jpg
    Once mapped the engine was collected by Caterham Midlands for re ___.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 88 months.jpg
    88 months.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1
You'll never see a reliable 300bhp from the KV6, even the QED parts will struggle to reach that figure, if still available. 220 is about the limit with all the mods available unless you can get your hands on some ex-racecar bits. Piper verniers are no longer made so finding these to accompany the 270 cams is getting hard to find. 200 is an easy target to achieve using breathing mods and a remap. Money is better spent on handling, LSD and braking, but the OE brakes are more than adequate for fast road if upgraded with EBC pads etc. The mk2s are getting thin on the ground as too the mk1 purely because of the ease they are written off or people dumping them off cheap due to the cost of the belt change.

Theres a chap on the MGR pages that has a sound running 247bhp 2.5 KV6 but the amount of work involved would be unreal (I know about tuning N/A V6's ;) ) As mentioned, the supercharger kit which is no longer in production doesn't give safe running temps if you go over 250bhp regardless of how much you throw at the engine.

Your best bet if you want anywhere near the 300bhp mark, would be to buy a Mk2 1.8 180 lookalike. MG sold a fair few mk2's 1.8's and dervs with the 180 kit fitted. Then get yourself a 2.0 Turbo or the k series 1.8 turbo (if you are feeling adventurous lol ) and drop that in. 2.0 you would need a whole Rover Coupe for the parts etc, or for the 1.8 you would simply need the engine, couple of mounts and a play with the loom.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back