Mazda / Ford fitments

Doughnutter

Wrench Pro
Ford bought Mazda a while back, I think they used a Mazda engine in the Probe?? Some people agree / some disagree, does anyone know for sure??

And the real question is....... Do they share the same bell housing / G-box in other mazda models as I have access to a 2.0ltr V6 24v engine thats sitting in a rusty Xedos. Would like to fit it to my tramp drift sierra but can't be arsed to take the engine out only to find it doesn't fit then have to tow the shell to the scrappy when I could destroy the car on it's journey to its final resting place!!

It apears that the Ford Probe did use the same mazda engine as the 2.5 xedos and the mx6. Can't see the 2ltr and the 2.5 having different blocks (would assume the capacity increase is through bore or stroke in same block). So now to the Probe g'box..... anyone know if this has the same bellhousings as the rest of the ford family??? Did they do a 4wd probe? Any info on it at all anyone???

The ford probe has the same chassis set up as the mazada mx6 and uses the same block with different heads and im. The mazda version produces bhp of like 194 while the ford version makes 165 bhp( different ports and a different neck on im). On the v6 version that is. I am not sure about the i-4 models, but the v6 are a 2.5 liter. I have not ever seen any 4x4 versions but who knows what some people can create!