Mazda BT50 from Australia

Zargag

Car
2007 Mazda BT50 2.5
Hi Guys

So I recently bought a 2007 Mazda BT50 2.5 (my first ever diesel) as a work vehicle and have been searching for ways to give it a bit more oomph!

Recently fitted a chip from TDI Tuning UK but not sure it has given me what was promised on their web site. I'm going to get it tested on a dyno to see what my "real" gains have been but I'm still looking of more. The chip was the first think I found but now (a bit too late) I start reading about re-mapping the ECU. I guess that's the problem with being on the learning curve.

I Googled "more power from diesel" or something similar and found my way to Torque Cars.

Looking forward to hopefully picking up plenty of tips on how to turn my little work ute into a sneaky diesel sport truck haha.

Cheers
John.

Last edited:
Hi from a fellow Aussie |B
IMO you should check out Diesel Power and Stienbauer upgrades.

IF you do your own oil changes on the 5 cylinder motor make sure you don't let it drain more than 3/4 minutes as the oil pump won't self prime/work :eek:

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

If there are settings on that tuning box you may just need to play with them a little to get the sweet spot. I would recommend a proper remap if you can get one for your car, these are best setup on a rolling road and give the best power gains and power curve you need.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back