mazda 323f idle problem

markyboi

Car
mazda 323f
hi i have a mazda 323f model 1996,
my problem is that when i turned on my a/c the idle of my car becomes higher and lower.
what could be the reason for that?
How could i rectify it?

yes everything seemed fine, but without my a/c turned on the idle of my engine stays at 1000rpm

no, the rpm remains thesame, then when i turn on the A/C I noticed that my rpm became 500rpm then it will go up untill 800rpm then go back to 500rpm again.

If you have the A/C off and put the blower on high do you have the same issue?
i dont have the same issue but i noticed that when i use my park lights and head lights at it goes the same with my A/C turned off.

If it isn't putting out enough it can. Sometimes when an alternator or voltage regulator starts to go it'll put out good voltage under normal load, but with extra electrical load or engine load it may put out less voltage. If your engine is loping (a rolling idle that gets faster, then slower, then faster and so on) is often a problem with vacuum. Check the PCV and EGR systems. If those rubber hoses get weak over time sometimes they collapse when extra vacuum builds up.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

The aircon will usually slow up an engine as it draws lots of current, unless this is dramatic I wouldn't worry about it as it's quite normal.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back