Mazda 3 styling tips wanted

Optimus

Car
Mazda 3 Sport
Re: Mazda 3 owners introduce yourself.

Hi there. I've got a Mazda 3 Sport Saloon in Winning Blue. I must admit that I love it. I'm thinking of getting some new rims and a Remus Exhaust, along with lowering it with Eibach Springs and a Strut brace. I have considered an induction kit by K&N and will think about it after I've had the other stuff done later this year. What do you think, Gold or Silver rims? I'm also considering some graphics. Has anyone noticed that 3's go a bit unnoticed in the tuning mag's? Will keep in touch.

Cheers

Re: Mazda 3 owners introduce yourself.

hey and welcome tot e site.
not seen may of the masda 3 saloons mostly ive seen the hatchbaks.

for the graphics, ave a look for a member under the name of 2fast to catch shes got a lot of good disigns and hopefully her website should be up and running shortly

Nice to have you along and welcome to TorqueCars. I think Gold rims would look good on your 3.

3's are missing from the mags a lot. Perhaps you will show the way and when people see what is possible they will become popular project cars.

Well I've got the rims, gold Inovit CTS 18". they look absolutely stunning with 225/ 40/ 18's on. started getting some graphics as well. the project is under way. Only the wife stands in the way of a full blown modification. When I have the next service done I will probably have a K&N Typhoon kit installed (I'm not a mechanic by any sense of imagination!). I will update with a photo once i get the graphics on. I've also enquired about remapping, but had no luck. Any ideas?

Cheers

Last edited:
Well I've got the rims, gold Inovit CTS 18". they look absolutely stunning with 225/ 40/ 18's on. started getting some graphics as well. the project is under way. Only the wife stands in the way of a full blown modification. When I have the next service done I will probably have a K&N Typhoon kit installed (I'm not a mechanic by any sense of imagination!). I will update with a photo once i get the graphics on. I've also enquired about remapping, but had no luck. Any ideas?

Cheers

what sort of graphics are you going for? and where are you getting them from?, be wary of substandard vinyl as these are prone to 'easy peeling' and possible colour fade if the vinyl used is cheap stuff. you should really be looking at 7-10 year life vinyl with it being on a car (even if you dont plan on having them on for that long)

Cheers

Leave the re-map until you have done other engine mods. Ie if your thinking of installing an exhaust and induction kit then leave the re-map until these are done.

Anyone have any ideas if a turbo conversion can be done on the 2l sport saloon?

Cheers

It would be easier to drop in the turbo engine shared with teh Ford RS.

You would need to lower the compression ratio for a turbo and there is lots of extras like plumbing and remapping needed. Unless you ran with a very low boost setting.