Man parks in front of speed camera

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
JS120812210_Chris-Welford-parked-in-front-of-a-speed-camera-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqnbI11wBh2DG2jHQKni2H4rfF_RrpdOPkqr7w78Zu97I.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-thank-blocking-speed-camera-says-bmw-driver/

What are your thoughts on this story? Would you applaud him or are you appalled by him?

"A driver took revenge on police who gave him a speeding fine..."
If he wasn't speeding he wouldn't have been caught and wouldn't have a fine.

"For an hour he stood with his vehicle, saving potentially dozens of drivers from being caught by the speed trap." aka - For an hour he stood with vehicle allowing other drivers to flaunt the fact that they, too, were breaking the law."
He is an accessory to other car driver's unlawful acts and should have been arrested.

"Mr Welford said he was visited at his Skelton home hours later and warned he could have been hauled to court."
Good.
This kind of action is of the pathetic twat who feels his whole world has been invaded because he was caught doing something he should not have been doing.

I have no sympathy for driver's who "get caught" speeding. Don't do it and you won't "get caught".

I should note I have received a few speeding fines in my time and I have accepted the fact I was in the wrong everytime and paid the fine with no quibbles.

AGGHHH!!! I read a couple of the comments below the story and I could feel my blood starting to boil!

Fair play to him. Lunchmoney you can't tell us you don't speed in your Subaru dude, like, daily. Almost everyone speeds daily whether on purpose or through lack of attention paid. I've followed people doing 40/50mph along single carriageway national speed limit roads (which you and I know, are 60mph) that then proceed to stay at this speed when they enter a 30/40mph zone. Then there's the flip side, if you don't push your car every now and then, why bother modifying it at all? Meh, each to their own, everyone's different. Speeding clearly isn't right in all situations and I'm not saying I condone it, this is merely a point of view :D

Agreed in principle, don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine!

I rarely speed and if I ever do there is a "legitimate" reason for it but I am aware that you run a risk as soon as you hit 71+ and should take that into account when choosing to speed! Track days are a place to try out the limits of your car safely where others are not put at unnecessary risk.

The speed limits are there for a reason and are not enforced as well as I would like them to be. Especially in town areas in the evenings.

But did this guy do the Right thing? Should the police have taken a tougher stance against him?

You could argue that all the motorists saw the speed trap and will be more careful on that stretch of road next time, so deterrent achieved without the revenue raised!

I accept that they are a necessary evil and that exceeding speed limits is an easy thing to prove. IMO they should be sited in areas with known high accident rates where speed is the main factor and not where they can raise the most revenue.

Most /all modern cars have cruise control so why not use it ?

Unfortunately the speed cameras do not detect what I regard as far more dangerous antics of some drivers.

I quite agree and the fewer police on patrol the lower the driving standards get.

It's funny how the driving standard improves when people spot a police car up ahead isn't it.

If an improvement to driving standards is braking hard then yes. Otherwise no. Idiots will still batter right up the police car and then the realisation dawns and they slam on, technically making it worse for others around them by panicking. I don't think driving slower makes you a better driver. People should be allowed to drive in accordance with their and their cars' abilities within reason. Sadly it's a fact that very few people are able to do this and do it safely, hence the imposed limits. Personally I don't have cruise control either, kind've miss that though. Yay, Thursday! :lol:

It's the same thing with people braking hard near speed cameras. They even brake for speed averaging cameras clearly unaware that it's too late to slow up as you pass the camera!