Making a start on new engine.

Just looked up TGA - Transient global amnesia - and that is some scary brown stuff! Glad that you have recovered and that it is unlikely (according to this site - http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...global-amnesia/basics/definition/con-20032746 ) to happen again.

You never know what is around the next corner, which is why I prefer drag racing :)

Thanks guys !!
Interesting reading that site, spot on. For 6 hours all I said was " I think ive had a stroke but how did I get here" think the Mrs was about to pull out a gun & shoot me. Apparently I was shown a pic of me handing out trophies at York Dragway the week before & it meant nothing to me didn't know I had ever been to York.
It can but seldom happens again & they don't really know why it happens. Now lets forget it & get back to cars. (8}).

The road engine will run on VPower & be circa 840bhp. Mark Shead my Tuner has asked me to research the best fuel for this attempt at 1000bhp. The short list seems to be C85 (not E85) , E98 & FTW 120+ Purple. Certainly the Purple fuel will make most Power & is a very Special brew. Cant use Methanol as that requires an engine not suitable for road fuel. The FTW Purple is £33 a gallon so not as expensive as we thought so looks like 20 gallons of that will be purchased. These highly oxygenated fuels are consumed at an alarming rate so started to do some Calcs.

Anyone who knows me will be aware I love calculations
icon_wink.gif
Wanted to know if my fuel system could support the use FTW 120+purple & 1000bhp in the car.

First normal fuel
1000bhp. fuel has bsfc of .62 so 653Lb/hr or 6853cc/min of injectors required. This is achieved with 8x1000cc @ 86% duty.
Convert 653Lb/hr to Imp gall/hr = 91 gall/hr required.
e98 based fuel
1000bhp. fuel has bsfc of .87 so 916Lb/hr or 9616cc/min of injectors required. This is achieved with 8x1300cc @ 92% duty.
Convert 916Lb/hr to Imp gall/hr = 127 gall/hr required.

Cant find the bsfc for Purple but it uses 10/15% more fuel than e98 so that means 150 gall/hr pump required.

My Automotive Eliminator Pump
supplies 125 gall/hr @ 13.5V we run it at 16v via the Accuvolt which if gains are linear would supply 148 gall/hr. Im sure its not as simple as that so my present pump would struggle to supply 1000bhp using Purple.
Injectors would also need to be bigger maybe 4x1300cc + 4x1600cc. This is some Fuel.

And this is why going very fast is very difficult and very expensive.

What size fuel pipes are you having to fit to supply this amount of fuel?

Great work Rod, getting there. Any lasting TGA effects? Or can't you remember? :)

And this is why going very fast is very difficult and very expensive.

What size fuel pipes are you having to fit to supply this amount of fuel?

Great work Rod, getting there. Any lasting TGA effects? Or can't you remember? :)

:lol::lol: Im doing OK after the TGA but my confidence is a bit dented. It can take 6 months to fully recover but as I said I feel just fine. Not sure on fuel lines if we fit a bigger pump will fit the lines required.

You wont make more Power on the ITB'S its about throttle response. We recently did ITB's on an EVO the response was a lot better than a single throttle. On such a Powerfull engine everything helps. If all we wanted was Power would use Bigger Turbo, bigger Ports & wilder cams but in the real world you need to drive it so everything is a compromise between Power & Drivability.

Cheers for that!
I'm sorry to hear about the recent TGA. I hope your feeling fine!

Have just purchased 38 Litres of FTW Purple race fuel. Its making more Power in tests than any race fuel ( including C85 & E98) yet produced but not including Methanol that is not suitable for my road engine. It cost £300 so £35 a gallon. We are trialling it on a 880 bhp EVO that's on 106 race fuel. Gains over 106 are said to be 8/10% without adding extra ignition. We shall see fairly soon but if proved will give my car a large boost towards 1000bhp.
My new Pistons have arrived from the States & with the new cams will go off to Vibration free for balancing. Will ring to see but doubt they will want them delivered before Christmas.

Cheers Rod

So, streets ahead of VP's Q16?
The tests ive seen say better than c85, e98 so yes better than Q16.
The downside is fuel supply , because we are using 60psi of boost we need the pump to supply 720 litres/hr @ 113psi (53static +60).
At that psi my Aeromotive eliminator supplies only 250 litres/hr. Cheapest pump solution is to use 3 DW 350i pumps @ £170 each but they would draw 20Amps each. My 16v Accuvolt system will only supply 50 amps & a 100 amp version costs £1000.
We have looked at using a Protec Veyron P1 pump but its flat out at 500 Litres/hr so would need 2. They are £700 each.
So we are awaiting our own tests on a 880bhp EVO in mid January before making any decision.

There have been times, however, when I have wondered why the hell I have gone there and how do I get back :)