LPG road tax free?

vr1066

Torque Junkie
I have a small query...

If you have your car converted to run on LPG do u not have to pay road tax?

Apologies if this is a very stupid question.

I could probably find the answer on the net some were but this forum is far better.

p.s

Does anyone run their car on LPG and if so what do they think about it.

My mate, her dad and brother all have LPG in their cars. She has a BMW 7 series and they have Troopers. All swear by it.
As far as i know they all pay road tax, but you'd be better checking out the DVLA website for sure.

My reason for asking is I wouldn't mind getting a old range rover as a 2nd car. I go camping and snow boarding in the north of scotland and don't want to take my car this winter. Only problem being I couldn't afford the road tax on a second car.

I think I'll do a little more investigation.

If you're after that sort of vehicle buy a pre 73 landy. That way the vehicle is tax free (historic vehicle) and a classic car on a 2nd car policy is bugger all.

My American car is a great example. It's a 1970 model, with a 5.2 liter V8 pushing out 250 horses, I am 27 and have had my licence for 1 year and 5 months. My insurance is £215.13 a year fully comp with breakdown and publick liability for shows and events. Even classic cars that still have to have a paid tax disc prove to be cost effective if you can get a good one. My Rover is a 1974 2200sc. I still pay tax on that one but the insurance, the same sor of cover as above is £174. My Porsche 924 (when it was on the road) was just under £300.

Tell her "it's a complex bloke thing that she wont understand" but offer to go through it with her instead of for example "going shopping on Saturday"!

I'll be trying to avoid the word "shopping" when trying to get some money out of her. :)

Can anyone advise me on a decent price to be paying for an old land rover? just so i got a rough idea.

cheers.

The 2.5 V6 Land Rover is seriously quick on the SWB 110 or 108 models. Not particularly economical though.

To find prices I'd do an autotrader search if I were you and see what's about in your area.