Lowering my car.

Toggerefc

Wrench Pro
Car
accord2.2ictdi gt
I am about to purchase some Eibach sportline springs for my Accord. This car would drive a lot better lowered and improve the look also only talking 30 mm or so. I no this is snob I can do myself but need to purchase spring compressors and a few other bits. But I'm sure it would be a lot less hassle to pay for a mobile mechanic or garage to go the job. They would be a lot quicker but how much should I pay for such a job. I reckon I could do it I a morning. So what would someone charge for that type of service.

I can't see you getting much change out of £200 from a reputable garage that would also reset the tracking.

I can't see you getting much change out of £200 from a reputable garage that would also reset the tracking.

Thanks for the advice old~git. Could by myself some spring compressors torque wrench and have enough left over for wheel alignment. I think I'm in the wrong job. Earning £200 for half a days pay is pretty good eh.

The guy doing the work is probably on around £10/hr. The rest goes to pay for office staff, rent, company profit, etc :)

Unfortunately most if not all who have never run a business only see what they get in their pay packet and have little comprehension of the impact that overheads like .rent, insurances, holiday pay,sick pay ,plane and equipment etc which all add to the cost and must be taken into account when working out a fair hourly rate which will include a profit margin.
IMHO most paid workers seem to forget that they only work for say 47 weeks a year IF they do not have a sickey and get paid for 52 weeks plus holiday loadings.

It seems that a lot of mechanic's/workshop Owners are totally ignorant of the difference between a QUOTE & an ESTIMATE OR the need to contact the owner for approval BEFORE doing additional work and socking it to the owner when he/she arrives to collect their car

Last edited:
I had lowering springs fitted to mine before I went down the coilover route. It took the garage exactly 2 hours and they charged me £100 as I paid in cash.

A bargain is still possible if you know how to haggle ;)

I had lowering springs fitted to mine before I went down the coilover route. It took the garage exactly 2 hours and they charged me £100 as I paid in cash.

A bargain is still possible if you know how to haggle ;)
Top man T9 at least I've got something to work on. Looking at coilovers next year. Think that will cost about a £1000.00
Your advice and all the reviews say it's the best way so has to be done.