loss of coolant

minx23

Tuner
Car
mondeo zetec s tdci
Hi again guy's, im stumped!! I bought my newer car in august, mondeo tddi 2.ltr and ive sorted the split intercooler pipe, changed the cracked air intake pipe, and a few other things, but I keep having problems with the header tank! When I first got the car the header tank was full to the brim and hadall thick oily crap in it, took it off, drained it out, cleared all the tank, the pipes leading to the header tank were also full of thick black gunky crap! I cleaned them and the header still kept filling up with black stuff. Went to a garage the guy said it defo wasnt head gasket and that it was the oil cooler! So I got a second hand one coz didnt want to pay 450 quid for a new one! Had the garage change it and ive emptied the header tank 3 times since then, as I was told the black stuff still coming in was what was left in the system! Ive had to top up the header tank 3 times in 3 week coz it seems to be going to just below the minimum level! Today I put in some wynn coolant ddetergent and ran it for a while, the to get to the bottom pipe I had to take out the headlight to get to it, I drained it all off, put hose pipe on and ran it through several diff pipes until it ran clear! Put it all back together and filled fill antifreeze!! Ran the engine for around half hour and theres still some oil/black stuff floating tonthe top of the header tank!!! Oil in my engine as gone above maximum but its pure black, not white or creamy like ive read if the head gas as gone!!! Anyone got any ideas 1, why I keep loosing coolant and 2. Why the oil level as risen if there is no creaming in the oil!! Im baffled!!! Need my nails doing again now though, ive wrecked them today lol