Losing control

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever lost control of your car? What happened? Were you doing something daft? Did you have a lucky escape?

I was practicing the scandinavian flick in a car and set it up for some fantastic understeer on a wet road in town. Thankfully straight on was an option other than the right hand bend I wanted to take in style so I went for that. It taught me not to take chances, don't ever provoke a skid unless you either know what's going to happen or have plenty of run off area and no one else around you.

So what did you do and what did you learn from it?

I turned the traction control off in the C63 on a really wet day... suffice to say I had a small brown trouser moment coming off a roundabout. I learn't not to do that again! Luck had it, although we came off the roundabout very sideways I did somehow manage to rather it up and exit at the correct place. The only thing that was worse than the incident itself, was the stern talking to I got from the Mrs about 10 seconds after!!

Yep, the impreza i had, had the DCCD gear box, i always had it set so you could go sideways :) went out one night messing about in the snow all went well till i decided to pack it in and drive home sensibly (actually did take it easy not messing around) and coming onto a dual carridgeway from a roundabout doing around 30mph hit a patch of snow and ice and before i knew it i was facing where i just came from! unforutnately hit the kerb and a road sign :( damage on the car looked worse than it was, some time with a hammer and filler and she was all good again.